512 TR HP & cooling questions | FerrariChat

512 TR HP & cooling questions

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ASK328, Dec 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Ceramic coating the headers, pre cats, test pipes, and having a Tubi gives more flow, decreases temps and raises HP - right. If you also ad a less restrictive air filter, I think H &R how much HP would / could you gain? I know this has to be on a dyno but does anyone have any info or educated guesses? Also I have a major coming up and I was fascinated by the Silvers posts regarding all his work so I am considering ceramic coating all my headers etc. So my questions: Does the added HP increase place more strain on the motor and transaxle? Also are their any other benefits to keeping the engine compartment cooler with this set up? And lastly a question for the purists does ceramic coating the headers etc give a hit to the car due to being non original – I am a big stickler for keeping my cars original and I was wondering about this in regards to the headers, precats, etc? I have the original exhaust and cat converters.

Thanks,

Andrew