Kiwi Spotters Thread! | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Kiwi Spotters Thread!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by vimal_enzo, Aug 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Don't hold your breath, but pics are on the way......

2. aarhap

aarhap Karting

Feb 25, 2007
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    #352 aarhap, Dec 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    where they selling high /low grade drugs/

4. jonnypops

jonnypops Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    holy crap aarhap, looking at those pics, you must have lightning reactions to snap photos of passing by exotics like that :p

too add to the sightings - On Saturday, I saw one red and one yellow 360's in Hamilton. I think the number plate of the red one was something along the lines of 'f1enzo'

5. shredder66

shredder66 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2006
    Melbourne/Singapore
    Wonder if anyone here could enlighten me -

Just got back from a family holiday to NZ, and when I was in the car on the way back down to Auckland from the Bay of Islands we were passed in the opposite direction by an F40. Now I'm guessing there would be very very few F40's in the country, and also guessing that being LHD they wouldn't be street legal, so would this be the real deal in your opinion? As it was going in the opposite direction I wasn't able to pick out any details properly, but I remember the plate was F 40 something. Kit car or the real thing?

6. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    There is a road-legal F40 owned by a collector in Christchurch. Not sure how they get around the LHD on the road rules, but there is at least one genuine F40 on the streets of NZ!

7. squeeky

squeeky Rookie

Sep 24, 2003
    There are two F40's in New Zealand one is in CHCH and the other is in Auckland.plate numbers on the Auckland one are 000000.
    The car that you saw was a kit car., probably

8. Necx0

Necx0 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have seen footage of an F40 LM lapping Pukekohe raceway.

9. jonnypops

jonnypops Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    That would most likely have been this one, which is a kit-car powered by a 700bhp Lexus engine. I'm not usually one to like kits, but this one looks like a bloody damn good job.

http://www.f40.co.nz/

The fact that you saw a f40 kit car is still an achievement in NZ.. I'm still waiting to see my first F40 :-(

10. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    well the bug stompers will be in NZ for the Targa NZ in a 360 Challenge if that helps, we will line up with the Maserati trofeo crew (who so kindly looked after me when over in kiwi land in Dec just gone

11. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

mmm, i saw that car in its garage and when i started it, well it wasnt quite running on 8 cyl, small misfire

12. Necx0

Necx0 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
  13. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  14. aarhap

aarhap Karting

Feb 25, 2007
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    You are entering your 360 in the Targa this year?!

15. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

yep, just working out logistics of transport, and team trofoe will give all the necessary help needed.

16. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Go for it, you are certainly getting your mileage out of it. Were you aware that the engine is "lifed" at 4000 km's and the gearbox at 2500 km's under full race conditions? Road Rallies are not quite so severe usage though.

17. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

scott,
    since i bought it off of Scott S, have done about 5000 km, at best the engine would have had about 500km at max revs and the gear box is cared for, both had been done over prior to my purchase, still its maintained to the "nth" degree to the point that after each rally we change the belts over, tensioner bearings, full oils, plugs and leads. I take your point however given that even in rally mode i never take the engine anywhere passed 7000rpm and then its only in short bursts at that range.

18. aarhap

aarhap Karting

Feb 25, 2007
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    :D Well I wish you good luck and I shall see you there...I won't be racing, of course, but I you should expect to see a few photos of your amazing car on here after the race!

19. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

fairynuff. There is a 360c here that has never been rebuilt since day 1, despite years of racing and it has yet to go bang.
    Keep an eye on leakdown tests and you should be fine.

20. jonnypops

jonnypops Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    Oh that is freakin sweet! bout time we had more ferraris enter targa. i cant wait to attend next year. speaking of which, im gonna run off now and chop down a small tree that impairs vision at one of the main viewing points of hte shakedown stage :p

21. aarhap

aarhap Karting

Feb 25, 2007
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Ha! I can see stage 25 from my bedroom window but it's more fun being right next to the action. Wonder if Steve Millen will ever bring back his awesome Ford GT?

22. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
  23. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  24. Necx0

Necx0 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sorry Ash, I didn't see your post. Thanks for that info.....wouldn't have thought of a Supra!!

25. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Auckland Fun Run Sunday 13th. Meet at Conti's in Newmarket 09.30, going South. I can't be there as shifting house, no Supra's please!