The NFL | Page 12 | FerrariChat

The NFL

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheBigEasy, Sep 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    How about we just make the bet for the $100? You can buy whatever the hell you want with it.

2. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Anyone think that Keshawn Johnson will come out of retirement and play for the Miami Dolphins in '08, as his longtime supporter and former coach Bill Parcels becomes the director of football operations for the Dolphins? While on-air, Keshawn Johnson hinted at such while Bill Parcels was next to him on stage in the studio (NFL Network or ESPN, I can't recall).

All this is interesting because a week or so ago, Keshawn Johnson criticized Dallas Cowboy Terrell Owens (T.O.) who had publicly downplayed Bill Parcels actual impact on the Cowboys franchise and their success during the '07 regular season. T.O. then followed up Keshawn's comments by marginalizing Keshawn's career and skill as a player.

3. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Keyshawn loves Big Tuna, he drafted him first for the Jets and played with him in Dallas. I could definitely see him trying to make a comeback with the Fins.

4. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hey Ferraridude,

Are you just going to ignore the bet I proposed? You haven't stayed away from this thread for 3 days since it started. If you really believe the Boys can beat the Pats then put your money where your mouth is.

5. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I was pleased to read that this game (Pats/Giants) will be aired on the networks Saturday after all.

I think that the NFL has become very Bernie-esque in their monumental fetish for control, money, and power.

It is good to see such things brought down by the outrage of real popular opinion...(although I am not on the side of the cable channels either).

The report is that it took a little letter from two U.S. senators (one R, one D) which suggested to the NFL that if they did not clean up their act, the committee would begin to look into their possible violation of the federal anti-trust laws.

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    They probably made more money letting two other channels pay for the game than had they limited the broadcast to the NFL Channel only. I don't think they backed down and I don't think they are stupid...laughing all the way to the bank IMVHO. ;)

7. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I'm not a betting man, plus it would break my heart to take your money.

8. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    They should take a look at the cable companies and the trust they've built up. No reason anyone should be paying $50 a month for basic cable.

9. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I posted here yesterday :), do they not teach fans of the Cheatriots to count :D.

10. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    lol. you aint gonna let that go eh?

I like the cowboys, but i can see them losing before the Patriots.

11. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay

I can count to 16. :) Watch TV tonight and you will learn how to also.

12. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Why is that how many people will be playing against the Giants? 11 players + 5 refs.

13. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    The Boys are Skinned 27-6.

Jessica Simpson must have been watching the game.

Looks like a long post season for the Boys. Is TO that crucial?

14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Yes, and yes. I think GB goes to the superbowl and loses to the pats.
    I was really impressed with New England's comeback last night. That is one great TEAM!
    And I'm not even a fan...
    BT

15. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I don't think that the Cowboys were trying their best, they were sitting alot of players on both sides of the ball, and just didn't want to get injured.

16. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    I was at the game today, standing in the driving rain watching my Redskins dismantle your boys.

The Cowboys played most of their healthy starters the whole game and Romo did not look good at all while he was in. I will listen to the TO argument because he really is the only player that beat the Redskins last time. When you don't have to worry about TO on defense it allows you to play a lot more aggresive, which Romo clearly doesn't like. I really don't think that the couple players who were out would have made 21 points difference but maybe we'll find out in 2 weeks.

The Redskins are looking good, riding a solid 4 game win streak with a defense that is playing lights out...I dunno about the rest of you but I would rather see the Giants or the Bucs in the playoffs then the Skins after watching the last few weeks.

17. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    That's a first.

18. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    My prediction: NE gets upset by Indy. The Pack and Tx are a wash, pick the winner. Regardless it will be an even match of Indy Vs whoever. If its Tx I think I go with the 'boys. If its GB, then I think I go with Brett. The way things are going for them, it might be in the cards that he goes out a winner.

19. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Way to debate with facts (or even misguided opinions) rather than just making a blantantly wrong statement. Just an FYI, the Redskins have won 4 of the last 6, but why would you let facts get in the way of your love affair with Tony Romo. Maybe if your lucky you'll get to see this phenomenon a second time in the playoffs, where the Redskins are 2-0 against the Cowboys where it really matters ;)

20. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    All talk, no walk.

On another note, I was there to witness the PATriots go undefeated last night, something that Romo could never pull off.

21. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    Oh and does someone in Dallas want to deliver a note to Romo for me? I need to remind him to put some glue on his hands for the upcoming playoff kicks.

22. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Who/what is "Tx"???

23. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Not indeed - they will soon be paying about $75 when NFL channel is the only way to see football. The only point of contention between Time-Warner, the other cable holdouts, and the NFL is who gets most of your money. Did you get a load of all the self-serving NFL channel ads all through the game? Complete with endorsements by the well-known philanthropist Jerry Jones?

BTW, I bet that extra-cost NFL channel is going to be a real value in the off-season.

Bernie E., are you and Max listening? I smell a real opportunity to get back into the US market here...

24. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    The pats are still cheaters in my book!.

25. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    and before that we were 14 of 15 against you guys. Cowboys lead the series 56 to 38. So the Skins can start talking when they win 19 straight.