Who Watches UFC? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Who Watches UFC?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by stevep, Sep 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Franklin got destroyed, and so quickly and cleanly too. While many suspected he had a weak chin, I'm not sure that was the main issue.

I think his defense (or lack thereof) while caught in Silva's Muay Thai clinch was what led to his early demise. Franklin wanted to throw hands with Silva, and he got the stand-up that he had wanted. Unfortunately, it didn't go quite the way he wanted it to.

With his nose smeared across his face, he will have a nice reminder while doing rehab and retraining on why he never wants to get into a kneeing contest with The Spider.

The other title bout was a snoozefest. I wish Sherk had pummelled Florian to a pulp. Instead, it turned into a lay and pray instead of a ground and pound.

On a lighter note, it was pretty funny to see Franklin run straight for a Xyience refreshment after he woke up. Even Jenna Jameson had hers handy. Spot product placement is so ubiquitous these days.

2. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    She looked so hot. Is she dating Ortiz?

3. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    Rich's nose got SMASHED. I'm from Cincinnati originally, and still have friends who know people who knows someone else who saw the crew one time(you know how it goes). I throught Franklin would pound Silva, but he got his nose RECONFIGURED. I would bet he has a snoring problem now.

4. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    That's what he claims. Herpes is one fight he might not be able to win.

5. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    yes i tarin bjj, thai-boxing and kickboxing

6. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    So what do you people think will happen when;
    Sylvia faces Couture?
    Hughes faces Lytle?
    Franklin faces McDonald?
    Lambert faces Sobral?
    St. Pierre faces Serra?
    Sanchez faces Kroscheck?

And where in the heck is Forrest Griffin? I haven't heard anything about him since his defeat.

7. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    hope couture wins but i think sylvia will win a boring decision.
    hughes will tap lytle
    franklin will know out macdonald
    babalu will tap lambert, probably via choke
    st pierre will destroy serra
    and i hope kos wins but in a more exciting fashion instead of his lay and pray tactics

and forrest is fighting tito at ufc 70 in the uk

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I agree with all of your picks except for Franklin/McDonald. I have seen McDonald fight a couple of times, and he really impressed me. I think it will be a close fight, but McDonald will come out on top.

I can't wait to see GSP in action again. I just hope he is completely healed from his injury. If he is, he will destroy Serra. I wonder why the UFC feels that Serra deserves a shot at the title so soon - I think there are much more deserving fighters who should get their shot before Serra, such as Koscheck, Parisyan, Penn, Sanchez, and of course Matt Hughes.

I will be happy to see Forrest back in the ring. The way he ran out of the ring in his last defeat almost looked like he was never coming back. I don't recall ever seeing a fighter so distraught over a loss.

9. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    I agree with most of Steve's picks too.

I'm not sure what to make of Forrest's exit from his last match. It was borderline bizarre. I suppose it was all the emotion. Still, when in the limelight he should act with a bit more composure.

I think with Couture, we've got another Shamrock situation. Hopefully he won't follow in Frank's steps and bow out as a joke rather than one of the true champions.

Generally, I am most excited with Crocop's prospects. Assuming Silvia gets by Randy, and I'm sure he will, I am guessing that Crocop is going to smear Silvia all over the ring. That's still a bit down the line though.

Regarding Franklin and MacDonald, I too think it will be close and go to decision. Franklin has a lot to prove after his ridiculous bout with Silva, so he should come out hungry.

10. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    serra won season 4 of the ultimate fighter thus immediately got a title shot.

11. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    there is rumours too that the ufc is also still in talks to buy pride

12. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Wow..............Randy Couture beat Tim Sylvia.............unbelieveable! I am very impressed - I thought Couture would've gotten destroyed. Hat's off to Couture! Couture versus Cro Cop next????

On the Pride side, and perhaps even more impressive..............Dan Henderson beat Wanderlei Silva. I am very impressed with Henderson, he's one of the toughest guys walking the planet.

It looks like Rich Franklin is back...........I thought McDonald was going to win that one. I wonder how far away a rematch with Anderson Silva is.

13. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I am eagerly awaiting the GSP title defense match. How do you guys think he will do against Serra?

How do you think GSP would do against;
    Diego Sanchez
    Josh Koscheck
    Karo Parisyan
    ????????????

I believe, pound for pound, that GSP is perhaps the best fighter out there. Agree/disagree?

14. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca
    I think GSP is the most atheletic well rounded fighter currently in the UFC. He should destroy Serra , remember Serra barely beat Shonie Carter in the TUF.

Out of the fighters you mentioned I think the "Nightmare" (Sanchez) will be his biggest threat. GSP has already beat Karo I think.

The Koscheck- Sanchez fight is going to a wicked battle! But I don't think either of them can stand-up with GSP, and if Matt Hughes couldn't take GSP down I can't see Sanchez or Koscheck doing it either.

GSP should be a titleholder for a while, he may be the next Liddell.

15. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Who are your choices for this weekend's event?

* Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre (for interim welterweight title)
    * Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva
    * Lyoto Machida vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
    * Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard
    * Soa Palalei vs. Eddie Sanchez

UNDERCARD

* Luis Cane vs. James Irvin
    * Manny Gamburyan vs. Nate Mohr
    * Dean Lister vs. Jordan Radev
    * Roan Carneiro vs. Tony DeSouza
    * Mark Bocek vs. Doug Evans

16. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

MY ANSWERS ABOVE....DONT REALLY KNOW UNDERCARD

17. rpollock

rpollock Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    Calgary, Alberta
    UFC 79 - best card in a while. GSP dominated Hughes, I thought it would be closer. Matt Serra vs GSP - next great fight.

18. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Question should be: Who above the Mason Dixon line watches UFC?

19. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I knew GSP would destroy him even worse than their 2nd fight. Hughes lost the fight even before it started. You could see it in Hughes' face - he was scared of GSP, and rightfully so.

GSP has Hughes' number...........GSP was winning their 1st fight until he made a mistake and got caught in that submission at the very end of the round. He totally dominated the 2nd fight.

GSP vs Serra 2 will be completely different from the 1st fight. Serra won the 1st fight only because he dealt an unintentional blow to the back of GSP's head, and the ref didn't catch it, and let the fight continue. Immediately after that blow, you could clearly see GSP get wobbly, and that's when Serra jumped on him and finished him off. It was complete BS in my opinion. GSP will destroy Serra - it's gonna be ugly.

20. rpollock

rpollock Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    Calgary, Alberta
    Any word on when GSP VS Serra might take place?

21. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    They have a UFC event scheduled in Montreal for April, and they certainly want GSP on that card, so they are hoping Serra is healthy and ready to go for April. If not, they may have GSP fight someone else. Who that might be - I don't know. My guess would be between Fitch or Parisyan.

22. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Who are your picks for UFC 80 this weekend?

MAIN CARD

* B.J. Penn vs. Joe Stevenson (for vacant lightweight title)
    * Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabricio Werdum
    * Marcus Davis vs. Jess Liaudin
    * Jason Lambert vs. Wilson Gouveia
    * Kendall Grove vs. Jorge Rivera

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Antoni Hardonk vs. Colin Robinson
    * Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor
    * James Lee vs. Alessio Sakara
    * Per Eklund vs. Sam Stout

23. rpollock

rpollock Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    Calgary, Alberta
    Can't shed much insight here. I am curious how another TUF alumni will do. They have had a few upsets. BJ is the favourite and he knows it, but we have seen that cockiness work against the fighter so often.

24. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    Yep, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, submission, boxing and Judo did some Vale Tudo as well.
    Favorites fighters in MMA(not all UFC):

Victor Belfort
    Rickson Gracie
    Shogun
    and Emelianenko Fedor

25. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    I would say Rickson was the best fighter in the Gracies clan, even the great Helio said so in a issue of Gracie Magazine Brasil