Small number plates in the UK? | FerrariChat

Small number plates in the UK?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AndrewCrane, Jan 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndrewCrane

AndrewCrane Karting

Sep 25, 2007
    Chobham, Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew Crane
    I quite fancy a small plate on the front of my 430. I have a UK independent manufacturer's vehicle with no front number plate at all. If (and it hasn't happened in 2 years and I have had one or two tugs) the law has a problem with this, I face a 30 pound fine without a licence endorsement. If, however, I display a plate that does not conform to BSI rules (absolutely no place at all to place one that does), I face up to 1000 pound fine and an endorsement. So it seems more sensible not to have one and just pay the 30 quid fine if the issue arises.

So, if I wear a front plate, it must be legal. There is an alternative small plate available for cars which are not "European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval". I kind of like that look -- more italian if you like :)

Does anyone here know if the 430 fits this quote, or is displaying the alternative smaller plate for cars which don't fit the above?

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #2 Fan512bbi, Jan 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017