Wanted: 1/18 truck for car hauler/transporter | FerrariChat

Wanted: 1/18 truck for car hauler/transporter

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by cabrio_fan, Jan 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    #1 cabrio_fan, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My model collection is almost exclusively 1/18 scale -- and a fair number of those are F-cars.

I would LOOOOOVE to put some of my 1/18 Ferraris on a 1/18 car hauler -- but I can't find a 1/18th truck (okay - tractor for the truck drivers) anywhere....!! Does anyone know of a place that offers 1/18 semi-trailer tractors? I'd like to have something vintage/period/unique/etc. but, at this point, I'll take a Freightliner or Mack or anything... I think I can assemble a 1/18 car hauler trailer well enough with my model skills -- I just need the truck to haul it with.

The closet thing I have right now are two 1/12 Mack trucks that are R/C but they look really good. Alas, they just don't work for my 1/18th collection.

Also, I would go nuts if the ol' Fiat Ferrari transporter was available in 1/18!

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    there is also the CMC mercedes car hauler in 1/18

3. cabrio_fan

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    Thanks for the suggestion. Funny - I used to live less than an hour from the All American Toy Co in Oregon. I didn't know they were there then.

They have some nice stuff -- too bad it's not 1/18 though. I'm a stickler for scale.

JohnG - I have seen the Mercedes transporter. It's nice, and I've thought about picking that one up. But that's the only 1/18th hauler/transporter I've seen -- outside of the many Ford/Chevy/etc tow trucks. I'd rather not put my 1/18 Ferraris on a tow truck, you know?

4. Bowers

Bowers Karting

Sep 27, 2007
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Bowers
    I too am interested. The old school transport would be cool, but I am more interceded in something like a 1/18 of the Scuderia truck. I also have been looking for a car hauler, in general, for numerous years. I have seen the Ford / Chevy tows you have mentioned, and feel the same way about that little diorama. Do they make the plain flatbed trailers that don’t have a brand name raving decal on them? Or maybe, how had is it to get the facing label off and still have it look good?

5. McF40

McF40 Karting

Jul 24, 2004
  6. cabrio_fan

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    Thanks for the tip Mike! That's definately something to consider. I hadn't thought about searching ebay's non-US sites.

Bowers - regarding flat bed trailers: I'm sure you've seen the 1/18 Motor Max car hauling trailer. I'm thinking of picking up one of those. I have a 1/18 Chevy Silverado long bed that matches my real Chevy Silverado almost spot on. I think I'll put that trailer behind my Chevy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-18-Scale-Die-Cast-Car-Trailer-Hauler-Motor-Max_W0QQitemZ320186380113QQihZ011QQcategoryZ50285QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Mike