cv flange question. | FerrariChat

cv flange question.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by RossoGTS, Jan 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RossoGTS

RossoGTS Karting

Oct 21, 2007
    Berks UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi guys I posted a simlar question in the 308/328 section:
    Anyhows I seem to be having difficulty finding as supplier for the 108mm Dia Lobro cv flange. I can find a supplier for the rubber boots etc even the splined bearing (lobro) but not then thin steel flange the boot attaches too. I undestand that Porsche and other manufactures used the same part on their cars but canot seem to find the Porsche number I require any info numbers would be appreciated even if it a cv kit i have to buy.
    Cheers
    Mark

Sorry forgot to say its for an 86 euro 328gts but I think im right in saying that the 246 308 328 348 355 all use the same Lobro joint.
    ta

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I think it may be the same flange that is on a Porsche 930? You may even want to check with a supplier for Volkswagen parts.

3. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    The 308 is same as Porsche 911 (certain years) GKN part number 300527 available at WWW.rockauto.com. You get the steel flange, the boot, two clamps,and grease.

I have a box in my hand and I think rock auto inventory number is: 92833292402 (and it says 87-89 911)

P.S.
    Last time I bought one it was less than $10.00 so you're not risking much if it is not correct. (Of course all you are risking is the shipping costs.)

4. RossoGTS

RossoGTS Karting

Oct 21, 2007
    Berks UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Chris was the steel flange the one the rubber boot fits around with a slightly flared end? and the drive shaft half shaft call it what you will passes through? only when I enter the part no at rock auto it shows a solid flange?
    cheers
    Mark.

5. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    wow, it has been years since I did my boots but am doing again and came up with new part numbers for the flange which has been a tough find.

GKN 300505
    GKN 300527
    GKN Leobro 964-332-293-90

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    That set up fits newer 360s but not the older 308. If it does not have a cap on it, it is the earlier style.

7. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Yeah, these are NOT THE CORRECT PARTS for 308. they are a little bit smaller. But what a nice design, there is a huge groove in the flange and a mating tongue in the boots. If only I could find the correct size.

I am getting ready to put my car back together and the best I could do was to straighten my flange. Got it within a few thousandths.

It was no problem finding the CV joint itself, why so hard to find the flange?

8. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'm pretty sure SUPERFORMANCEUK has them

9. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I went through the Porsche rumors and none of them fit. I just buy the Ricambi ones now

10. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I've found a perfect Porsche substitute for the CV bearing itself, but not the boots nor flanges. Those are indeed different and don't work on the 308.