Such thing as "European Delivery"? | FerrariChat

Such thing as "European Delivery"?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Cytoboy, Jan 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cytoboy

Cytoboy Rookie

Dec 13, 2007
    Oakland, California
    Full Name:
    Jeff M.
    I did quick search--did not find an answer.

Is there such a thing as factory delivery of new F-cars, or are all vehicles delivered exclusively through their dealer network?

2. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    I was told by Ferrari NA that Ferrari SpA is not equipped to handle the paperwork. The bureaucratic paperwork for temporary registration and insurance in Italy would make a US postal worker blush.

IMO, it's much cheaper to rent a car for 2 weeks, putting all the wear-n-tear (winshield rock chips, front-end peppering with chips, etc.) on someone else's car vs. doing it to your new baby.

Besides, where will you carry all your luggage?

3. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    There IS a factory delivery program at Ferrari which has been available for 8+ years easily...However, YOU have to do all the paperwork, including getting temporary registration, insurance, etc. etc. etc. which is a pain in the a$$ to do! A relative of mine has been doing factory delivery for 4 of his last Ferrari's, and he doesn't mind the hassle since he keeps the car for 1-2 months in Europe before shipping them back home.

I thought about doing it for my Scud, but they needed an answer by end of December although my delivery is around June!

As Tifoso said, you're probably better off renting a car there instead of going through this hassle, let alone worrying about valet drivers and curb scratches, door dings, scratches, rock chips, etc.