ISO: VW New Beetle Cup car | FerrariChat

ISO: VW New Beetle Cup car

Discussion in 'Other German' started by Mr.Anthony337, Jan 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr.Anthony337

Mr.Anthony337 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Full Name:
    Russell
    #1 Mr.Anthony337, Jan 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anyone here familiar with purchasing used road race cars? Specifically in Europe. I'm looking to see if a particular VW race car is available anywhere. Wear and tear acceptable but preferably not a totalled lump of crap ;) so no thanks if you run a scrap yard!

A few years back I had the chance to buy a brand new surplus car from VW but I had the Countach already and I didn't want to have 2 toys to worry about, much less the shipping from Germany and the work to the car I wanted to do... and then just a year later, a used one at a GREAT price, with spares and the whole shebang was dropped in my lap for my taking and the financials just didn't work out timing wise again so... Now I'm interested in seeing if it's possible to pick one up, as a hold-me-over to going back to Lamborghini land :)

I've contacted Bildon Motorsports in the UK but they only have some spare factory parts, no complete cars or links to any at this time (but did several years ago)

Most likely they'd be in the UK or Germany from my experience shopping them down in the past. But from the USA and outside of racing social circles, it's really hard to pick up the trail of one now... I think they stopped running the cup's a few years back.

Anyone?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mr.Anthony337

Dec 6, 2007
    Full Name:
    Russell
    No one at all familiar with these cars, or the process of buying old track cars at all?

:bump:

3. Mr.Anthony337

Dec 6, 2007
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Okay. I've found a few cars now with the help of someone in the UK, but now I guess I would love to hear from anyone who's got any experience importing a car to the US from the UK or Germany. Not track cars necessarily, but would be ideal if you're experienced in that ;)

Please, anyone ... PM me if you can lend some advice or experience on this matter.

Now I've found the perfect car, barely run on the track, no damage, and it's in THE color that inspired my wife to create her award winning car (the reason I hated her, we met, and now we're married... long story)...