South Beach and Ft. Lauderdale - no ferraris :( | FerrariChat

South Beach and Ft. Lauderdale - no ferraris :(

Discussion in 'Florida' started by bounty, Jan 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Just got back from a trip to Ft. Lauderdale and South Beach. Had a blast. Definitely very jealous of the weather. Had fun in south beach living it up and staring at the butt floss. One problem. I saw tons of Bentleys especially CGT's, and saw tons of Gallardos and a few RR's...but not one Ferrari showed. :(

I was disappointed!

Butt Floss: 1
    Ferraris: 0

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Where were you? Today, driving from Boca to Miami and back, 4 360's, 1 430. I really don't get too excited by Lambos. But nothing compares to the Veyron last week on the Fla Turnpike.

The largest concentration of registered Ferrari in North America is centered in Ft. Lauderdale.

3. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    had the 550 and the 512 out in South beach last weekend! just stayed off ocean drive!

4. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was down there the week of the 1st. I had my 360 there(check profile pic and see if you recognize where its parked). While there, I saw 3 430 spyders and one 430 Yellow w/novitec kit.. It looked wild. 2 or 3 other 360's.

I agree, Cont GT, especially the new GTC was very popular there, I saw maybe 3 or 4. I saw only 1 Lambo a black Murcie..

Miami is like its own foreign country in the US isn't it ?

5. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    I had mine out too. I-95 to Key Biscayne. Definitely, Ocean Drive and South Beach is a no no.

6. DiMisa1977

DiMisa1977 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2005
    thats just odd. however, i don't drive my car down there unless it's early am. too many douc#bag#

7. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Geez are you sure you were in Miami????????

Last time there on a drive from Coral Gables to the convention center in South Beach i drove past a 355 turning onto U.S. 1 then once on 1 a new 430 spyder passed me on the other side. On the causeway to South Beach a 360 flew by.

Not enough room in the valet lot for all the Ferraris at the Miami car show..poor guy with an old 360 gets sent to the regular lot.

Almost daily my Girlfriend sends me cell phone pics of Ferraris parked in front of her office.

It gets to the point where you hardly notice 'em after a few days.

8. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    Come armed! It is legal to carry a loaded gun in the glovebox and you do not have a CCW permit.

9. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    One crazy thing that happened on Sunday...I was walking on Ocean Dr. and a woman got out of her car and tackled this dude and started beating him right in the middle of the street. Completely stopped traffic, and had the attention of a huge mob with people trying to break them up. Cop finally got there and she got arrested. People cheered cause she was being sucha ***** to everyone telling the whole crowd to kiss her ass etc. The entire time was her baby in the backseat in a carseat. Classic. I'll try to post a picture sometime soon that I took of it.

Yeah I was expecting to see all sorts of Ferraris I guess I just had bad luck.

Had fun at the Isle of Capri in Pompano taking money from a few locals :) Also had a lot of fun in Delray on Atlantic Avenue making a fool of myself and chasing women.

Good times. I'll be back!

10. Stradale Joe

Stradale Joe Karting

Jul 26, 2006
    downtown
    Full Name:
    Joe Panache

Some guys have to chase women, others are being chased by them.

11. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I like to dabble in both - can't let them have all the fun.

12. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    No Ferraris ? LOL, I bought my 430's simply because I was the only one in south florida without one. :D They are everywhere! And chics beating up guys in the street is pretty common too. At least you saw one of our standard sightings. And the next time you come down and want to play some poker, give me a call. ;) (check profile to complete the joke)

13. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Hey Todd, how are you? Long time.

14. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I was there Saturday and had a 430 pass me at >100MPH going across the causeway to South Beach. Bone head move driving that fast but the sound as he topped the bridge was terrific.

15. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Hi Ron! Will see you soon I'm sure. Oh and I think that was me you saw, Boulder! LOL. Me and my girl went for a very spirited drive Saturday to South Beach from Ft Lauderdale. We hit 155 on 95 on the way down, 1 finger on the wheel. These cars are just plain amazing. And 100 feels literally like 35-40 mph so I am sure I was doing 100 over that bridge. hehe. Sry for being a punk, i'm usually pretty tame when driving.

16. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA

I think I'll be avoiding any poker with you like the plague ;) - I'm not all that great!

17. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It was a Nero 430. I don't gamble much but I'd bet it was you. While the car going too fast there was jealousy from my end as my F car sits snowbound and plugged into a battery tender.