Slow leftlane drivers get tickets!!!! | FerrariChat

Slow leftlane drivers get tickets!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TestShoot, Jan 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
  3. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Agreed. Those are some of the most inconsiderate, and annoying drivers on the road.

4. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

+1.

It's about time that slow left lane cloggers get treated like the accident causing, pitiful drivers that they are.

5. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I think TX has been doing this for awhile....I have seen some DPS and Shenandoah police pulling people over on I45 for driving slow in the left lane.

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That'll never fly here in Washington. They'll probably pull them over and give 'em an atta boy or something.

7. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    This left lane slow driving is an epidemic in our country. On a recent trip back to Tn. from Florida , there were times there were lines of cars in the left lane backed up behind a slow car and maybe just a few cars in the right lane. I saw people driving for miles in the left lane with no other cars in the right lane at all. The idea that you drive in the right lane and pass in the left lane has been changed to drive in the left lane and pass on the right. The system doesn't work any better with 3 lanes either. Then the idea is to stay in the far left lane no matter what and keep all the trucks in the middle and right lane traveling side by side so absolutely no traffic can move is the answer. I think something has to be done about this. You see guys pulling trailers and mobile homes towing cars in the left lane taking 30 miles to make one pass. What did that really do for anyone. They pick up one car and it holds up the entire population of the state for an hour.

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Good thing you've seen it here, I still have yet to see it happen. But you give me hope.

I'm also so sick and tired of seeing people without brakelights. I use to rarely see it, now it's seemed to have become a huge epedimic. Pisses me off!

9. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I've seen it quite a bit....enforcing the left lane for passing only. In fact, we've had signs posted on Loop 1604 for a while stating, "Don't slow Texas down, slower drivers keep right." Something close to that effect on the second half of the phrase.

10. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    The other day on the high way all slow drivers were blocking on the left and people (including myself) had to pass on the right..... I told my wife I suddenly felt like I was driving in England :)

11. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    WE need that law in Florida.

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    This is huge problem in DFW & really hope this catches on nationwide.

13. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Furthermore, it's dangerous. I came up on a car with very dim taillights the other night doing around 50 on the freeway, in the fast lane.

14. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    OMG, you hit my hot button w/ those left lane pricks! They are either clueless or they think that it is their right to keep traffic going the speed limit and no faster. These a-holes are followed closely by those that refuse to use their turn signals and then by people that throw trash out their windows.

15. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    The police are lazy.
    They will only issue a ticket that they can win in court.
    It is an opinion as to how slow you can go in the left lane. One that a Judge can interpret.
    It is so much easier to issue a speeding or red light ticket.
    Which is why courtesy is no longer practiced on US roads. Being a jerk is not a crime.

16. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    About time someone did something about this.

17. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    alright, I have to drive down a 2 lane road (n & s) for about 4 miles on my way to work SL 55 a van driving 40 the entire way made me so mad, and im sure the 20 cars behind me wernt that happy either. I wonder if that will apply.

18. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    True, some are. My grandpa got a ticket for impeding traffic in the right lane once. I don't know the rest of the details though. I don't do highway traffic, due to jurisdiction. But handle A LOT of highway speeds on regulars streets. One person doing 26 over in a 40 this morning. I prefer being more proactive in the neighborhoods though to be honest. Dealing with trying to catch the burglars or the drugs. But dang those left lane "Sunday drivers."

19. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You are very correct in your approach. Crime prevention and intervention is always the prime emphasis. Nonetheless, in the spirit of triage, more lives can be saved by monitoring those who run lights and stop signs. T-bones at 40mph kill! Revenue, not safety should not never be as important.

20. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I agree, I worked a major accident last monday. Fortunately only the at fault driver was injured, but unfortunately he was injured too, know what I mean. They CAN be just as bad and have equal importance. Be surprised on how many I stop for blowing by a loading school bus in the morning as well. I kind of glad I don't have the highways to mess with sometimes.

21. C4talyst

C4talyst Karting

May 28, 2005
    Isn't this already the law in most states? Here in Virginia the law states the left lane is to be used for passing only when travelling on the highways.

22. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I use the passing land for passing as I intend to pass everyone.

23. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad