360 Clutch Repacement / Upgrade | FerrariChat

360 Clutch Repacement / Upgrade

Discussion in '360/430' started by Drpalm, Jan 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drpalm

Drpalm Rookie

Feb 5, 2006
    San Clemente, CA
    Full Name:
    Dean Slater
    It's time to relace my clutch in my 360 Spider. It's a 6 speed with 17k miles on it. I'm the second owner.
    I have a Hill Throwout bearing for it an I just wish they made clutch disks and flywheels too. I DO NOT want to put a Ferrari clutch back in. The design is a joke. I showed a picture to an engineer at McLeod's in California and he said it is an antique design. Mcleod makes high performance clutches for race cars. They were not real intrested in making an improved clutch for my car.
    My question is.......does anyone know of an aftermarket clutch and flywheel replacement for 360's? I want something that will work well and last like a clutch in a normal car. It's sad to here that 17k miles on a clutch is pretty good. It's rediculas. I want something better. Please email me if you have a solution.

Thanks,
    DrPalm
    [email protected]

2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    call SPEC

if I remember correctly they will build a clutch for you

3. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I don't understand how can the 360 clutch wear out so quickly? is it just not enough material on the clutch disc itself?

The car is super easy to start off, no clutch slipping at all. I mean the idle RPM is like 1100, just let the clutch out slowly until it is fully enganged and then tap on the gas and you go. And once you get it going there are minimal slips.

I got 91k miles on my 911's original clutch, and it is still good.

4. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
  5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    The quick fix would appear to be to have the original disc relined with Kevlar material. A friend did his 355 (all other parts were OEM, except for the Hill Engineering throw out bearing) and he inspected it recently, after 7k miles of "spirited" driving and said it showed almost no wear at all. That is pretty amazing.