TaTa Jaguar? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

TaTa Jaguar?

Discussion in 'British' started by James_Woods, Jan 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    The big topic over on TaTa Chat:

Show me your Ta Ta's!!

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Hahaha, this thread is awesome. In India it took 5 people to pick up a Tata. And for the poor roads, yes, they are bad, but now they are becoming better. As Lightguy would say, TATA for now...

Its time for a new icon Rob, its the This Thread is Worthless without pictures one. :D

3. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Is that the one where your shift lever (maybe I should not call it a lever, as it appears to rotate to select gears) rises up out of the console when you turn on the ignition?

Sort of like a charmed Cobra arising from it's basket, eh?

I somehow wonder what advantage there is in having this mechanism when an ordinary decent shifter would have done nicely.

No - I am not going to trash the J-gate of old, I always rather liked it - being one out of about a hundred I would guess.

BTW - is saying that it looks better in the metal sort of the car equivalent to saying that some ordinary looking chick "has a great personality"?

4. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    LOL - I guess it depends on your interpretation, however I was aiming at when you're at high school and on ball night, you realise that the geeky looking girl with the great personality had been concealing a pretty face beneath her glasses and messy hair and a great rack beneath her baggy shirt...

To stop this thread going off-topic, I've created an XF thread over here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181490

5. wavram

wavram Karting

May 8, 2005
    Chicago
    In another article, it's mentioned that the wheel bearings are only good for 44 mph, which is significantly under the car's top speed. If that's what they're admitting to, imagine how unsafe the rest of the car must be. You apparently get what you pay for.

6. FriscoRays

FriscoRays Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2005
  7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    My G/F has two Jags. I looked at them in her garage and said, "You've got the most magnificent pair of Tata's I've ever seen."

I should be able to see out of my left eye in about a week.

8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Tata are going to get into the WRC game. Glorious Bouncing Tatas will be the name of their team.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    When owners call a 1-800 owners support line, will they be speaking to a Indian call center?

10. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    No it will be outsourced to the U.S.

11. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    New Jersey, I hear.

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    One shouldn't laugh.

This is only an appetizer for Tata.

Next, they will be buying the whole of Ford!!

13. hackrider

hackrider Karting

Feb 9, 2006
    Albuquerque, NM USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    They can't do any worse than Ford did to the marque making it "just another American car". Maybe they will make a retro Jag like the Royal Enfield motorcycle. They are selling well here in the usa.

Dave