My Visit To The Ferrari Of Washington Dealer!!! | FerrariChat

My Visit To The Ferrari Of Washington Dealer!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Juggernaut84, Jan 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    #1 Juggernaut84, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Definitely the greatest day of my life. Would've been greater if I could either sit in one or drive one...lol. Either way, just being able to be that close to the car of my dreams is the greatest feeling a Marine could ever have. I hope to one day buy an F430 in the near future, so in the meantime I'll continue to work hard to achieve that dream. Thanks to FOW for giving me this opportunity. And also to great enthuisiast like you guys for supporting us and the rest of the troops still in the fight. Hope to meet some of you in the near future. Thank you!!!

Cpl Keith Lyles
    United States Marine Corps

PS: Pic of me at the dealer
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Keith,
    Let me first thank you for your service to our country!
    Keep the fire burning and you will get to your dreams, good luck!

3. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Next time you are in the area of FoW post the date with some notice and lets see if we can't arrange a sit/ride/drive or some such :)

-dsd

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

c'mon up to West Chester, PA on a Saturday AM. We'll get you seat time in a 308,328,360, 430, 550 and various and sundry other cars if you want.

Dave M.

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Next time you are in the area of FoW post the date with some notice and lets see if we can't arrange a sit/ride/drive or some such :)"

Yep - say the word.

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    You know the day we were over there with Michael Jernigan they wouldn't let him sit in one of the cars either!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't paying attention to the situation at the time and when I went over to Michael to see what he thought he told me "they won't let me sit in one". I will not name who told him no, but I went straight to Auggie and he took care of that immediately! Auggie even took him out in the Superlaggra. Man, I couldn't believe they would do that, I knew talking to Auggie, Ralph or Bob would change things.
    Somedays, you gotta just shake your head! I can understand them not allowing everyone in the cars, but hell when you got more than 6 paying customers standing there with a guest, not to mention a wounded veteran, you would think!!!!!!!??

Ok, enough, I feel better now. As always, thanks Auggie!

Robert

7. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Word. Some VW's too... er... I mean Porsches...

Love em as much as Rarri's!

8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Awesome---Keith you need to keep an eye here and make it out to some of our events this spring/summer...I'll take you for a blast in a 355F1 car...:D

9. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    can i have a ride in the F40? my dad was a marine.

10. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    Let's see, you didn't mention Jack. Hmmm....

11. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I love going to FoW everytime I get up to NoVA, I always end up getting a tour of the service department, which is really great.

12. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    They just don't seem to be as accepting of non-car buying visitors as they were back in the office park. :(
    Semper Fi!
    Dennis

13. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "can i have a ride in the F40?"

No. You have Luigi, so you already know how massive power feels.

"my dad was a marine."

I would be honored to give him a ride. ;)

14. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Wow, thanks for all the replies guys. Did you know I planned to visit the dealer months prior? It so happened that I had some time off to come up for Xmas when I visited my mother. You guys are great, and I'm priviledged to even be able to talk to actual Ferrari owners. It's hard to find people let alone approach a Ferrari owner and express your love for them. I heard there's a Spring car show coming up located in Reston somewhere. I'll definitely be there to hopefully meet some of you. But another visit to FOW is definitely in my schedule in the next month or so. Maybe we can meet there sometime soon? By the way, Auggie's a very nice guy and knows his stuff. Again, thanks for the support everyone.

15. John Dowling

John Dowling Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
    Many people have expressed their love for Wetpet.

16. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Keith--Below is the local FCA chapter---All the events are in there. The Reston event is a great one to attend and will be April 13th this year---Laura Ebert does a fantastic job of putting this together each year.. http://www.fca-mar.com/

17. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Hey Keith welcome to ferrari Chat
    I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done for this country.

Chas

18. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    can't believe you wife told you!:)

19. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    good one!:)

20. Estoril Blue

Estoril Blue Karting

Jan 5, 2008
    Thank you for your service!

21. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    My sacrifice for this country isn't a problem at all to me. I love everything about what I do, and everything the Marine Corps stands for. I have the biggest passion for Ferrari's since I was little. The Testarossa was the first one I saw when I was 8 years old, and I've loved them ever since. Each one they build to me is a work of art, and truly man couldn't have built a finer machine than the way Ferrari does. Now that the F430 and the Enzo is out, it just seems crazy how they can build something better than that. Either way, I look forward to a good first impression of the cars you guys drive up close. How often do you guys do these meet and greets?

22. RJ 997

RJ 997 Rookie

Jan 11, 2008
    Sterling VA
    Full Name:
    RJ
    really? why couldn't you sit in them.

I have gone there so many times and sat in so many cars, never had an issue.
    One time, i went to take pictures and the lady told me not to touch any of them or sit in them. I guess she though i was just a pipe dreamer. I didn't mind. I learned that people treat you the way you want them to treat you. For example, if you go in there acting like you own the world then they treat you like a king.

23. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Auggie was asking me if I wanted to check one out. I wasn't sure what he meant by that, and I'm thinking it included sitting in one. I guess it's because it was the first time I've been in there. I didn't wanna seem like I was filthy rich or something. I'm just an avid enthuisiast who happens to be in the service. I'll ask next time because they're really friendly people there. As much as I wanted to sit in one, it would've made my day. But a ride in a Ferrari, those memories will last a lifetime.

24. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #24 wetpet, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    the get togethers are fewer and farther between this time of year. The reston show is a good one. Gotta be someone in norfolk or near by that will hook you up. Perhaps the richmond guys know somebody? come up to dc any day it's not raining and i'll take you out in a few. if you ever get up to the gaithersburg, md area stop by here.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Ed,
    Smarty pants, Jack was not there that day! Oh wait, your weren't there either! I guess you were catching up on Magnum PI re-runs! LOL! Thanks for your concern!

Robert