360 FLYWHEEL | FerrariChat

360 FLYWHEEL

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by davidza2006, Jan 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davidza2006

davidza2006 Rookie

Mar 30, 2007
    Hi,
    I send my manual 360 for annual service and cambelt change and the garage phoned me telling me they need to change the flywheel as well. I found that susprising as I thought changing the flywheel was a job you would do when changing the clutch, not the cambelt. As well they want to charge me only 2,000 USD which sounds cheap for the flywheel.
    Am I suspicious for nothing?
    Thanks for your help.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  3. walkaway

walkaway Rookie

Nov 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    walkaway
    this is strange... maybe they're doing the wrong work on your car... lol.

give them a call and see whats going on, but u are right by saying flywheel replaced when gearbox and clutch removed.

4. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    I suspect you own a early 360 which has not had the updated flywheel and ringgear installed.
    Early 360 had ringgear failures that very often came out of the bellhousing at high RPM creating alot of damage.
    Your dealer has no doubt performed a inspection for all updates that your vehicle call for and have found it is in need of a flywheel, ringgear update.
    I agree you should call and get clarification.
    The reason the price is so much less than a 355 is a 355 uses a dual mass flywheel and the 360 is a conventional single piece flywheel.

Good luck.