360 vs 360 Stradale | FerrariChat

360 vs 360 Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mr.Anthony337, Jan 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr.Anthony337

Mr.Anthony337 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Full Name:
    Russell
    are the visual differences only the stripe on the car?

** I asked this in a "stupid questions you were afraid to ask" thread but, no one replied so... yes it might be a stupid question but from the pics I have found, I seriously can't tell ANY visual differences other than the stripe... which makes me wonder why some people on here are in complete lust with the Stradale, but are "meh" when it comes to a normal 360's looks... **

2. Jimbo49

Jimbo49 Formula 3

Aug 5, 2004
    Geelong, Australia
    Full Name:
    James

They are different cars. The 360CS is the road version of the race version of the road version.
    I'll crudely list some differences.
    The stradales stripe was an option. It has less weight than the 360 modena, has a different front (slightly longer at the front) bar, rear bar (better downforce), different side skirts, carbon fiber mirrors, different rims, slightly more power, only available with a slightly quicker 6spd F1 transmission and has more carbon fiber inside. The daytona seats were not an option - they came with carbon fiber/alacantra/leather race seats. A stereo was also an option as were were plexiglass windows (not sure if they're available on U.S Spec cars) The rear engine lid is sloped upwards a little more. They were not made as a spider either.

3. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    Considering the visiual differences (which are maybe the least important to compare these two cars), just try to find picture of CS together with 360 and you will see the visual differences immediately. Different front bumper and side skirts are most visible, different rear bumper, rear diffusers, different grills, mirrors. I am just putting Stradale bumpers and skirts on my 360 and i can tell you that seeing it in person, its a hell of visual difference......I dont want to copy CS or trick someone i own CS (i actually hate to imitate other cars), but i just put it on my car, because it looks much better than stock 360 and its still Ferrari not any aftermarket kit....

4. Mr.Anthony337

Mr.Anthony337 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Okay, thats the quick list I was looking for ... diff front, rear and side skirts... so, visually on the outside, it's basically a body kit type of styling change?
    I knew they had alot of performance and weight differences of course, but I just keep seeing posts about CS being "so gorgoeous" in comparison with a 360 and I guess I'm just not enough of a F car nut to have seen much difference...

And even at these changes, it's like a Countach LP 500S to a Countach LP 500S QV :p same basic shape, few new lines... got it.

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Resale is much stronger on the CS as there are fewer and they are in high demand.

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The visual differences are very noticeable when the two cars are next to each other. What doesn't come across in photos is the attention to stylistic detailing on the CS vs Modena. It feels a lot more special to be around, drive and look at. A lot of eye candy in the way of exposed carbon fibre is used to great effect. Larger wheels, more pronounced, more aerodynamic bodywork, better performance, better handling, better braking, etc.

From the style point of view it is almost like comparing a hot blonde with average breasts to the same women thats had the full augmentation... she'll no doubt appeal to more people yes you WILL notice in the flesh :)

7. Trouts10

Trouts10 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard Heilman
    One major problem with the Stradale - it isn't available with a manual transmission! :)

one4torque likes this.
  8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Needs to read diff between f1 modena vs f1 cs vs f1 challenge car.

then there is the gated variant! :)

9. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Nice bump on a 13 year old thread.

10. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    actually, all 360s are manuals. Most of them, you shift with paddles.

arizonaitalian and Skidkid like this.