Belt cover challenge | FerrariChat

Belt cover challenge

Discussion in '348/355' started by Saint Bastage, Jan 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #1 Saint Bastage, Jan 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK. Saw by broken plastic timing belt covers. found that 2 actually must be replaced. A previous thread described the earlier models of 348 with aluminum covers. I can replace my broken plastic ones for around 500. I can replace all the plastic ones for around 1200. what I need to know is price and availability for the aluminum equivalent. Of course I don't want to spend wild amounts of money and the decision to switch to aluminum will predicate on the cost. Gonna need them fast, engine is out and will be reinstalled late next week.

Heres a picture of what I need.

On your mark, get set, GO.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    replying to this to keep it fresh on the List.

No Takers?

3. MaterMech

MaterMech Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    Los Gatos CA
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    When I was in the same spot I went with plastic. The Al is more expensive and provides no significant advantages that I know of.

4. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    the significant advantage I see is it doesn't crack.

5. Elliott

Elliott Karting

Jun 28, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Elliott
  6. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fair? compared to what!?! dealer LIST for a brand new part?? That place is THE WORST when it comes to gouge pricing!!
    They actually present a ragged-out POS used part, usually in terrible condition, and often significantly damaged... and charge 70-80% of what the same part would cost NEW from a dealer!! That place deserves the all-time rip-off award in the greed mongers hall of fame!!

I once saw them selling a DAMAGED USED part on ebay for over $100 MORE than Ricambi charges for the same part... NEW!! Fair my ass....

:::::rant off:::::