Got a new phone! | FerrariChat

Got a new phone!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SimplyBenny, Jan 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimplyBenny

SimplyBenny Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    #1 SimplyBenny, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Crackberry 8800. Lovin it so far, synced it with my PC, got it set up, uploaded some pictures and music, heres a quick pic, the phone is great! Highly recommended for anyone in the market for a smart phone.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Once you go black(berry) you never go back

got the same phone and I love it

Antony

3. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i used to use the pearl, didn't like it because of the keyboard, moved to the t-mobile dash now, however, i wouldn't mind picking up the curve....

4. SimplyBenny

Dec 26, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Yea, the new phone was the good news, the bad news was that my dad has decided that hes gonna keep the Cooper S he and I ordered and im going to get his 2002 Tacomma as my truck. Win some, lose some I guess haha.

5. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
  6. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I miss my blackberry, I went with a treo for work and it is crap.

7. alvin582

alvin582 Karting
    BANNED

Sep 25, 2007
    I want to get a phone for my sister, this one seems have a good review, and the lowest price I found is $200 at
    http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=76781&ru=290
    worthy? how much did you get it?

8. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Thats a 8800. The 8320 is the Curve on Tmobile. It has a much better keyboard and also has WiFi to make free cals when you have wireless. The curve also has a camera.

Antony

9. SimplyBenny

Dec 26, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Yea, I love the 8800, I'll probably be getting a Curve in March. I got mine for free from my sis's boy friend.

10. speedy4500

speedy4500 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2004
    Yawn..... wait for this sucker to become widely available soon: http://www.dynamism.com/n82/main.shtml

Let's see: GPS, WiFi, 3G, 5 MP Camera (with flash!), MicroSD slot (up to 8 GB storage), Bluetooth 2.0, TV output, FM Radio.... and in a sleek and compact device that you won't feel retarded holding to your face to talk on. No touch screen to worry about. And Nokia arguably makes some of the sturdiest phones on the market.

I mean think about it, you can stream video with WiFi or 3G and output it to a TV. Sick.

I don't usually get too excited about gadgets and have NEVER been someone to buy something as soon as it comes out, but this Nokia N82 may be an exception.

11. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    I am getting a Nokia N95 sometime next week and has pretty much the exact same specs except the TV out and I think it doesn't have FM radio but its definitely an awesome phone.

12. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Glad you are enjoying your new phone, but... You are being given a 2002 model year truck, and you see that as "losing"? ;)

13. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    I want that phone...too bad...the price over here is too high...almost 1k...

14. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    I've had it since last May. it's awesome! It also had TV out, and it also has FM Radio. Only difference is the form factor, and the fact that the N82 has a Xenon flash, vs. the crappy LED flash of the N95.

If you're ready to wait for a couple weeks, the N95 8GB has just been announced with US 3G.

There's about 3 N95 models so far.

N95-1: Original N95, with Euro 3g bands, and sliding cover for the camera, less ram
    N95-2: It's black, with 8 Gigs of storage. Bigger screen, and Euro 3G bands. no lens cover for the camera. More ram. FULL YOUTUBE SUPPORT JUST CAME OUT!
    N95-2 NAM: Same thing as N95-1, but without Euro 3g, and with US 3g.
    N95-3: Same as N95-1, but no lens cover, and US 3g bands are there. More ram.

Don't waste your money with the N95-2. Get the -1 or -1 because there's 8 gig MicroSDs coming out, and the -2, doesn't have a memory card slot. If you're in a 3g area, the -3 is the best because it includes this. If you want a lens cover, less ram, and no US 3g, the -1 is the cheapest, and best bet for now.

15. SimplyBenny

Dec 26, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Haha, naw, I love the truck. Itll get me from A to B while I save for a Ferrari.

16. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    Sorry but I have no clue which is which. No service provider out here sells the N95 so I have to go through an importer. Is this the N95 3G that you were referring to? http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/4520345&category=cell-phones

17. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    That place looks a little shady. PM me, and I might be able to give you some other websites.