Spider roof latching | FerrariChat

Spider roof latching

Discussion in '360/430' started by AndrewCrane, Jan 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndrewCrane

AndrewCrane Karting

Sep 25, 2007
    Chobham, Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew Crane
    Hi - my 430 has trouble latching the roof - so much so that the motor cut out, presumably as an overheat protection. Has anyone else had the problem, and was it a simple microswitch adjustment or something more likely to take the thing off the road for a while?

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. sjolly

sjolly Guest

Apr 10, 2006
    toronto
    battery might be low

3. hydraaa

hydraaa Rookie

Sep 3, 2007
    Same problem here...just got the car this fall and the roof latches about 50% of the time...am going to bring it into the
    dealership in the spring to have it checked out...but would love to know if this is a common problem on a 2007
    spider...with 900 miles on it...

4. Steve711

Steve711 Karting

Oct 9, 2007
    I have the problem on my 07 with 190 miles. I suspect the top just needs to stretch out a little. I haven't had a day in the hot sun yet. I give it a little help with my hand and it latches without a problem.

5. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    With my '07 spider, the top is tight and I always raise or lower with the engine ON. Sometimes in closing I have to help it the last two inches. I think the top is just tight. With the engine off and a fully charged battery, it will not close very well.
    Al

6. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Interesting enough, with my 02 360 spider, and 3 other friends with 360 spiders, never had this problem....and the 430 top is the same as the 360 as far as i know....

7. rslpartners

rslpartners Karting
    BANNED

Jun 22, 2006
    S.F. Bay Area
    Got a 190 miles on mine.
    Picked it up on 12.21.07.
    Had to help it along a couple of times.
    I'm assuming it's just tight and need a little break-in....I hope.