Justice in Texas? | FerrariChat

Justice in Texas?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Schatten, Jan 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    cliff notes - stepson sexually assaults 8 year old daughter, released from jail, father of 8 year old sexually assaults stepson.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/407080.html

2. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I would have to take the stepfathers side as I am sure anyone here with a little girl can agree, it might not be right but the kid got exactly what he deserved....Now he can goto prison and have those guys finish what his stepdad started.

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I dont understand how the 18 yr old ADULT stepson can not have a criminal record and did not serve time for raping the 8 yr old ????

The father shouldnt have hurt the stepson for the sole reason that his daughter needs him and his being in jail does nothing for her.

4. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Case is pending...

Tough call for the dad's lawyer... take a plea or go for jury sympathy...

5. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I think all Fathers would do to this scum what he did.

6. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I would go for the sympathy of the jury, i cant see a jury convicting the father in this case.

7. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Stupid and impulsive.

The same ends could have been obtained without the father going to jail with just a little forethought and planning.

8. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    this is an interesting case. personally, i'm a fan of retributive justice in some cases, but this one is kind of hazy in my books. on one hand, child predators are considered the scum of the earth when it comes to prisons, even those in there for murdering someone tend to view it this way, so the son was probably going to get his in the end anyways (no pun intended :)) but i'm pretty sure after the 18 year old learned the hard way what he did really feels like, i'm fairly certain he'll never do anything like this again, hopefully.

9. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yep, but the father's track record seems to indicate that forethought and planning are not two of his strengths.

10. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I'm sure temporary insanity will have its say in this case.

11. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Not hardly. The defense is only available to those who are so degranged that they don't know right from wrong, or are so delulded that they suffer from a a compulsion that they can't resist. This guy is stupid, but he planned it out, so clearly he premediated his behavior, so he isn't going to get off. If he'd had no criminal record, he might have gotten off with little or no jail time, but with his record, I suspect he's going away for quite a while.

Art

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I'll bet the little bastard will never do it again!!!!!!!

13. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

And I'll bet that you're correct!!!

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    IMHO they will not find a jury in Texas that will convict him.

15. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Totally agree, i could not convict if i was on that jury.

16. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I agree. Just like that guy on Faces of Death that killed a child molester in front of news cameras in an airport that had molested his son. He got off scott free and saved the taxpayers tons of money in the process, god bless him.

17. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Indeed. Let's see... defense attorney only needs to bring the guy into court with a picture of his daughter. Hmmmmm. I'd think this will be a short trial and he might get probation for a while. That would be it.

18. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    He doesnt have a criminal record YET (no conviction, no 'record'). Once he's convicted, different story. The record will be the least of his worries (can we say Registry and Bubba?).

As for the father, I can see the prosecution (assuming they dont drop the charges or plea down to something) trying to keep the "victim"s act out of the jury's eyes/ears. It would be a "Well the victim was picked up by the defendant, the defendant took him to an abandoned house and assaulted him".

But in the end, the stepson got what he had coming to him. The father will either get found not guilty (one way or another the stepson's actions will be made known), and the stepson will get a measly 5years.

Just my take on it

19. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    What's needed is "an appropriate amount of murder".