Need Enclosed transport.... | FerrariChat

Need Enclosed transport....

Discussion in '360/430' started by djastral69, Jan 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Can anyone recommend a reputable enclosed car carrier to transport my 360 spyder from Palm Beach, Fl. to Jacksonville, Fl. on the 26th or 27th of January. I'll be attending Cavallino and would like to have it transported via enclosed car carrier. Thank you in advance.

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Fedex / Passport. That's the one I use.

Ray

3. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I used Intercity for my 360 to transport from Long Island to Canton, Ohio, They did an EXCELLENT job...

4. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
  5. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Please do... ;~)

6. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #6 Modenafan, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    I just cancelled my Passport request since they couldn't do any better than a full 2 week window of when they would pickup. Unacceptable.

Had to instead go with an unknown (to me) company which brokered out the deal. Had to lock in with them due to circumstances beyond my control (time frame and my location). If you have similar restrictions you may have to lower your bar on carriers.

Good luck.

8. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Beware of brokers.
    They'll make promises, and not deliver. When this happens, they trucker will blame the broker, and the broker will blame the trucker. For example, do a google search on "Global Atlantic Transport". I am one of the hundreds of people they burned.

9. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Even though I have yet to be burned from this experience (hope I won't be), I'd concur.

I would also be careful with seeking out bids. Just requested quotes from a few on-line companies (or so they claim) and, to date, have received something like 15-20 quotes, many appear to be duplicates but from different companies. Lots of price variations, some offering impossibly low rates, etc.

It's a rather odd field to pick from; if I really had the choice, I'd advise sticking with one of the larger companies.

And this coming from someone who is going to even pay LESS than my original quote through Passport!

10. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I used Blue Highways and was very pleased. I just booked them to bring my Z8 out to Pebble Beach and back this Summer.