Who is going to Palm Beach Supercar Weekend? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Who is going to Palm Beach Supercar Weekend?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by TheCarcierge, Dec 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Tickets at the gate for Cavallino, about $45/each. Well worth it.

Then take the kids to PBSCW, also well worth it.

The kids will adore you, and never forget this weekend. See my post #74 for schedule for that Saturday.

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I buy my Cavallino tickets at the gate. I think it might be free for kids, but I do not remember. I am pretty sure the adult tickets are $50. Water is $5, so you should bring some...
    BT

3. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks Guys!

Hoping to meet some of you down there. So do they allow outside drink (Water bottles/sodas, etc.)

Bill

4. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Water? I'm putting appletini in my thermos! :D :D

5. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian

Supercar Weekend kids under 12 are free.

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    JT, show hours?

7. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    11-5pm

8. oscar62

oscar62 Rookie

Jan 5, 2008
    Miramar, Fl.
    Full Name:
    oscar
    thanks for all the info. my boy as well as i will have a great time i will bring my Canon 30d for some good photo and post them if i my. thanks agen everyone.

9. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Although this has not made it up on to the PBSCW site yet, a press release did go out... I'm working with the guys on this event, and arranged to have the Shelby Super Cars Ultimate Aero make an appearance at the show, along with owner Jared Shelby and Marketing Director Junus Kahn. No relation to Carol Shelby, just same last name. The Ultimate Aero is now the Guinness Book of World's Records 'Worlds Fastest Production Car', with 257 MPH, all-American, and quite a sexy car. Both the record winning car (available through charity auction) and a burgundy/black dealer car will be on hand, with private driving experiences available for pre-qualified interested buyers.

Also look for an upcoming announcement of several other celebs from the TV and racing world to make appearances. Confirming schedules...

Somebody else on here said Cavallino was the Pebble Beach of FLorida. It may be so for a Ferrari only show, but Pebble Beach is about many different manufacturers, and Palm Beach Supercar Weekend is actually much more akin to this than Cavallino. Don't miss it.

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Never been to Pebble Beach? I said Cavallino is like Pebble Beach and I stick with that observation. Both are judged concours showing the ultimate in classic automobiles.

I too have been helping get cars for PBSCW as best I can this year, and it is not a judged concours, but a terrific showcase for many different types of modern and classic cars. It is meant to be comfortable for both the public and those showing their prized possessions. Cavallino and PBSCW are not competing, two different types of cars shows. There will be many beautiful and historic non-Ferrari cars on display at PBSCW. That is why I have been saying all along the shows compliment each other, can easily co-exhist, and in fact, should ultimately help each other by bringing more out of towners here for a single super auto weekend. I know for fact PBSCW will have some incredible cars on display.

Now if someone can come up with a show like The Quail for this south Florida weekend, that would be great. Which by the way is the best show of all.

11. Bill_OBrien

Bill_OBrien Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Bill O'Brien
  12. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I will have Two cars that brought home ribbons at Pebble Beach at PBSCW.

13. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Everything you own deserves ribbons. Can't wait.

14. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Tifosiron

I wasn't arguing your comment about the comparison with regards to judged concours. I was just glancing through the posts and made my comment about hosting different marquees as a similarity with Pebble vs. Palm Beach, no comment on concours. So you are correct in that regards. Best...

15. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Seems to be some confusion. Both main events, Cavallino and PBSCW are on SATURDAY, January 26. Not on Sunday. Some informal events on Sunday, but the main events are on SATURDAY. Spread the word as there appears to be some confusion. Especially by non-FChatters.

16. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Just to clarify.

Friday January 25th, 4:00 to 6:00 pm:

Guest of honor: Shaquille O’Neal
    Private Welcome Reception. (limited to Supercar owners.)

All Supercar Owners will be able to recieve their VIP bands during this time. If you have recieved this email you and one guest are on all VIP guest lists.

Sponsors: Halcyon Jets, Gramercy Court, Zyr Vodka

Friday January 26th, 7:00 to 11:00 pm:

Spyker and Cocktails on Worth
    Only for Registered Supercar Owners and VIP guests

Special Guests include Victor Muller of Spyker

Saturday, January 26th MAIN EVENT

7:00 am to 10;00 am: Supercar owners will be parking their cars for the exhibit.

Continental breakfast from 7:00am-8:00am in VIP Pavilion for Supercar Owners and afternoon of luxury in the three VIP Pavilions along the waterfront.

11:00 am to 5:00 pm
    Supercar exhibit opens. Flagler Drive (between Lakeview and Datura)

Highlights:

VIP Pavilions will offer exhibiting owners of supercars the opportunity to relax in utmost luxury in one of the three strategically situated 40 x 40 state of the art pavilions. Guests will have the opportunity to sample the finest luxury products in the world.

There will be other events on Saturday Night and Sunday but ONLY for registered Supercar owners. All Supercar owners will recieve confirmation this upcoming Monday.

17. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Exciting weekend!!

18. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    starting to get upset again . lol. I have tried to register (or have registered 6 times on that website) and it doesn't say I am registered or anything, it just reloads the same page. I have not got any email from John or whomever.

******* yay got email,,,, guess Im going now .... sweet
    feel like i won a lottery

19. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    he will todd, just wait... did you e-mail him?