Burning a DVD that works in all players | FerrariChat

Burning a DVD that works in all players

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by zippyslug31, Jan 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    How in the world do you burn a DVD that works in my various DVD players? I find this whole thing a little like black magic with all the +/- R discs, etc.
    All I know is that I use One Click DVD to "archive" a DVD and this burned disc plays fine in a Playstation. I then take this disc to a lower-end DVD player and it clicks and groans and plays the disc with a lot of pauses and fits.
    This is consistent with many discs that I've burned and in several other players. And yes, all these other players work with store-bought DVD movies just fine.

Seems to be much more complicated than it should be. I've turned my burn speed down, used +r and -r discs, different brands, different burning programs, etc.

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED?!?!!?

2. speedy4500

speedy4500 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2004
    I use a program called VSO ConvertXtoDVD: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/. It may not have the power of a true DVD Authoring program, but it lets you drag and drop ANY video file and make a simple DVD Menu. You stick in a blank DVD-R (I always use -R for making a disc that I intend to use on a standalone DVD player, they're not that expensive anymore), click GO and then 30-40 minutes later it spits out a DVD movie disc. Every disc I have made with this technique has worked on every player I've tried it on. 100% success for me, worth every penny.

3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Funny you mention this, I have the same problem with my DVD recorder I have. No matter what I do, It skips/pauses in SOME dvd players but NEVER when I watch it through my Computer. Can someone explain to me why use DVD-R rather than +R. I've ALWAYS used -R but just bought a small pack of +R figuring that might be the problem?????????

4. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    DVD-R is a single layer disc, why DVD+R is a multi layer disc. DVD-R is also supported by the DVD Forum which DVD+R isn't.

Also, you can get A TON of info from this site here

Hope this helps a wee bit. :)