Anyone looking for a clean glass car ? | FerrariChat

Anyone looking for a clean glass car ?

Discussion in '308/328' started by MS250, Jan 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I went to see this car, very clean and respectible.....i wouldnt call it perfect, but for sure a sweet looking car. No dings, holes, dents, no worn out interior....extremely clean engine bay. I think its a great buy for a US spec glass if someone is looking. I didnt see it on the hoist, but the major stuff i looked for was all there, books, and the likes. I do believe its a 2 owner car, and the miles match the look of the car. Could be a good buy out there if someone is looking. If it was a Euro dry sump, i would have bought it already...CLEAN CLEAN car.

http://www.segalmotorcar.com/pages/ferrari/frame.html

2. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Do you know the asking price? USD or $CA?

What would have to be done/paid for to import to US? That could be the catch.

3. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Man, that does look nice. But if its Canadian , the exchange will hurt with the weak dollar...LOL!

4. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Great find, clean and the way a 308 was meant to be (Vetroresina)! But its way to clean for what I was looking for. Could be an excellent first for someone though.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    ... for some who doesn't live in the People's Republic of California, that is. ;)

6. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    has the pollution controls,and all the smog equipment is there, and the CDN cars are US spec.....couldnt see why it wouldnt pass.

The seats were both redone (New), rugs look original. I found the seats just a tad over padded (stuffed a little extra), but the leather looks correct, and the interior condition is fade free....very very great car and its priced good at the 65 odd k mark.

Actually, a deal for its condition versus other cars ive seen. Alot of you guys know around here that im very hard on these cars when up for sale, so for me to say its clean and something i would buy you know its gotta be good. The pics do not do this car any justice. The rims are rash free, the bolts are scuff free, the trim around the windows are great condition. All round this would make a great buy. If any of you are interested, i can go back and take some indoor pics where it is. The control knobs, the hand brake, the dash and its clusters, very strong and clean condition....almost looks better than the 45,000 kms on the clock.......its usually the other way around.

7. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Just take it to one of those korean owned smog places in O.C., they used to make my "Dual 48's" '73 911RS pass as if they were injected! Its only $20 extra for that "special" service too!

8. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    oops, not Canadian......my fault.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    $65K pippo.......you can have my air pumps if ya need 'em!

10. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I believe the exchange rate is almost equal between the Canadian dollar and US dollar.
    Only about 2% difference. (Canadian is worth 2% more)

11. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Hooray to that! :D

12. Jerry Fisher

Jerry Fisher Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    chromodora wheels ???...that would not be correct for 77 GTB--they had Campagnola's OEM

13. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    76GTB glass...not 77, was regist in 77.

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Jerry! Where you been my man!

Your car ran 132MPH at the Texas Mile drags the other day....STILL the World's Fastest Art Car.....LOL! Running #1 plates.....met this nice blond on a Hayabusa too, she ran a 190MPH.

Never have been able to sort the Campy vs. Chromo thing....what the heck, I have two sets of each!

PLUS, VIN #20405 has a BEER sponsor now! ROTFLMAO!
    Saint Arnold's Brewery, I'll send you a case......

15. Jerry Fisher

Jerry Fisher Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    I'm still lurkin' , dude. Throwing in a comment here and there. You best be being nice to my old girl or I'll come down to Texas and kick you right in the knee ( I ' ll probably need my ladder ).

Pretty friggin cold here right now. Carrera is hibernating for the winter--hiding under the blankie and has a bettery tender lifeline feeding the electronics. Banging around in the MINI trying to avoid portholes and road debris. ( 2 mishaps this winter already for $2000. minus insurance--I hate winter ). Got the MIN JCW upgraded--big difference--now I'm the fastest red roller skate in the 'hood.

16. 308-newbie

308-newbie Guest

where was the break? Mine has cromodora's, vin 22073.

17. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    And mine's 22891 (November 1977) and has two of each!! I heard that this wasn't too unusual, but what the heck do I know. Is it reasonable to believe that they would have thrown on two of each at the factory?

18. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    What is the asking price?

19. 308-newbie

308-newbie Guest

Am I missing something, cannot see the reverse lights in the bumper?? Granted it's not a great picture.

20. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    i mentioned just over 65k..

to 308-Newbie...no rear lights in the bumper because its a US spec glass car.