True Appreciation of a Car | FerrariChat

True Appreciation of a Car

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ferrari_Michael, Jan 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Are there any defining moments when or where you have been driving and it suddenly hits you how truly amazing the machine you are driving is? I ask because I was driving home (London) from Manchester last night/this morning, about 2am in the morning, deserted part of the M25, I thought to myself 'lets stretch her legs'. So I did. And without getting myself into trouble, I had fun. Then, slowing down to a cruise, it hit me, The F430 is a spectacle of automotive engineering. I told my girlfriend, she didnt understand, I replied to this with, thats because you drive a Lamborghini. And it is true, the feeling you get in a Ferrari far exceeds that of any other manafacturer I have ever encountered. Just thought I'd share that with you, in the hope you will reply with your experiences.

Finest Regards
    Michael J

2. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes Michael.

Last year when we stopped on the route Napoleon. Every guy in the convoy got out grinning from ear to ear - sort of like a dog when he's been out for a long, long run across the fields. Tongue hannging out, panting and the world is a wonderfull place to be. No other car has ever made me feel complete - this one does :)

3. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Before I take the Daytona out for a drive I always get a slight knot in my stomach from anticipation.

4. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam

sorry to be boring but...+1 here....twas truly a defining "moment"....we all realized it was very special, something we may never do again.

5. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    :)..........well said.

6. ferrari-nut

ferrari-nut Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    ANTHONY
    Where are you in the UK? I'm also a Daytona owner in Essex.

7. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I live in London, but the Daytona lives in Surrey, with Dad's collection. I've seen your Dino and Surtees on some other threads both very cool. Do you have any pics of your Daytona? A few of mine on the thread below (save reposting them)

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137006104&postcount=86

Re the Route Napoleon I've driven it many times but never in a Ferrari (usually in a Clio or similar rental car). It's my favourite piece of road, love to drive it in a Ferrari some day.

8. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    I was driving my 308 GT4 back from a meeting in Amersham in December, the road was empty, the weather really nice and I was thinking, "life doesn't get much better than this" - an hour later the clutch cable broke.

9. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I had a similar experience, my wife and I were driving from watching the Classic Lemans, we had been out the night before and had a great evening with friends and we had just had a call from our son with his better than expected Uni results, a road worker had just told me what a great car it was and life was soooooooooo good, then all the warning lights came on like a Christmas tree. My bubble was burst.
    However there was a happy ending, I got the car to an auto electrician who really looked after us. The problem, a broken generator belt, one I had replaced only a couple of months earlier incidentially. Very soon we were on our way and all was well with the world again.