F430 - radio eats CDs | FerrariChat

F430 - radio eats CDs

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jamezilla, Jan 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jamezilla

Jamezilla Rookie

Nov 19, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
    Full Name:
    James
    Hi all
    I have an '06 F430 Spider - and the stereo keeps swallowing CDs then not working. I've had it back to Ferrari about 4 times where they just pull the unit out, unclip the top and remove the CD.
    I'd rather it STOP eating the CDs or at least find a way to recover them without removing the head unit. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    James

2. MARIOF430

MARIOF430 Karting

May 8, 2007
    Portland ,Or.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have three! 1, Don't listen to it, listen to the Motor ( I'm kidding) 2. Demand a new stereo if it's been in the shop numerous times it has cost them much more in shop time! so just swap out a new one or even a 06' used one! 3. give up on Ferrari and go to a reputable stereo store and have them take a look if they can't fix it then talk to them about putting a better unit in.( the Ferrari stereo is nothing to write home about anyway!) don't tell them that you would consider a new unit until they say they can't fix it because they'll just move right into selling you a new stereo! GOOD LUCK! M-

3. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac

time for a new unit under warranty...

4. Andy348

Andy348 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It might just be hungry... feed it a Michael Jackson and it'll stop swallowing them!

Andy

5. AndrewCrane

AndrewCrane Karting

Sep 25, 2007
    Chobham, Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew Crane
    Just a thought -- try going into setup mode (press the info button, the back button and the other button on the right hand side all at the same time) and see if "block eject" is turned on. It should be off.

Regards
    Andrew

6. problemchild

problemchild Rookie

Jan 20, 2008
    illinois
    Full Name:
    jason miller
    buy a run of the mill cd receiver and have it installed at a reputable custom shop. you'll gain features such as blue tooth,ipod ,and remote control for a fraction of what a oem radio will cost.