Fitting Strad Stripe | FerrariChat

Fitting Strad Stripe

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jrs, Jan 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Bought CS stripe from F360 performance parts in Australia ( top class ) as I have decided to see if I could live with it ( always liked it on other peoples CS's ).

Now , do I tackle installation myself or go for an expert ? If so names and contacts please

tks

2. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    there's only one dude who I would trust with the stripe and that's Mark Allen - aka Skinner. I'm sure if you drove to the Midlands and wetted his beak, he'd duly oblige

in case you're wondering Mark's credentials, he put the stripe on his Spider Strad

3. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Tom @ paintshield when/if you are having yours vinyled James?

4. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    wouldnt do it yourself James, tougher than it looks, I helped Mark put the one on his Spider. Well OK I watched him :D.

If you are having your car Paintsheilded I would recommend Toms guys (he will probably lynch me for that LOL) but ensure that you take out the rear brake light (not as easy as you would think due to the heat sheild wrapped around it) so that the stripe tucks into the apeture fully. As Jules said Mark is the only other dude I would trust to do it.

Quite surprised you are having it done TBH, but I think you are doing the right thing mate. Still looking forward to seeing your Strad one of the days James :)

5. Radders

Radders Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    very difficult job if its not something you have done before (putting graphic's on a car) getting it perfectly aligned down the middle of the car is the art. also check your print is straight, you would be surprised what they can send you.

6. Paintshield

Paintshield Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2004
    Grantham UK
    Full Name:
    Tom Wakeford

OI dont you think Joe has enough to do Adam LOL

Joking apart if you are coming to us bring the Stripe with you and we will sort you out :)

You do want it looking like a hot X Bun right :)

Cheers

Tom

7. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    David, you are the most useless person on Fchat... 200 posts of mmm. I didn't think it was possible to waste internet until I saw your posts. Please, just leave...

your going on ignore

8. Paintshield

Paintshield Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2004
    Grantham UK
    Full Name:
    Tom Wakeford

MMMMMMM :) LOL