Kimi 2007 WDC 1:18 | FerrariChat

Kimi 2007 WDC 1:18

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by spike308, Jan 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
  2. canam350

canam350 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2004
    dublin, ireland
    hi mike.
    that car is the standard model than has been released,
    what grandprix legends do is, the car mounted on wooden plinths
    add some fancy inscribed work and charge big money for the car,
    its not wc car,as the car kimi drove was a metallic red not the standard ferrari red.
    so i would not buy this car, the prober will be released later this year
    joseph

3. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Thanks... as above, I thought the red was not quite right!
    anyone know when the real one is due? possibly the Elite version?

4. canam350

canam350 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2004
    dublin, ireland
    hi mike
    there is talk of mid 08 for the wc car,as for the elite version
    no date has been announced.
    joseph

5. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Replicarz are taking preorders for the "Elite". They have a picture posted on their website and it looks like the correct color. However, other than the color and the white stripes on the tires, it looks just like any regular issue model. Still missing the front wheels covers and the rear wing is still "hanging". I really hope that it is just some of their pre-production shots and that they are going to address the issues on the production model. I believe that we are just going to take another hit from the greed department at Hot Wheels and they are going to raise the already ridiculous price of a sub standard models, just because of some new packaging and label. I really hope to be wrong on this one.

6. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005

If you subscribe to their email (grand prix legends) they will send you updates on the new releases. As a matter of fact i received an email the other day with the new metallic red edition of Kimi's car. Below is what the email read:

STOP PRESS! - Mattel announce metallic red Raikkonen Ferrari!

Just as I had the mouse cursor hovered over the 'send' button, our diecast manager Leigh shot into the office screaming 'stop the press!' After being heavily sedated, he was able to inform me that Mattel has just announced that they will be producing a 1:18 scale replica of Kimi Raikkonen's F2007 in the metallic shade of red that ran in the second half of the season. The model should be released in the early summertime, so click below to book your pre order now! Please note that this model will NOT come adorned with any tobacco sponsorship, including the Marlboro barcode design.
    Mattel 1:18 Raikkonen 'Metallic Red' Ferrari F2007 £49.99 (DC2706B) Click here to pre order ***

7. rodolfo

rodolfo Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2007
    Mexico
    The model is missing the small winglets just in front of the cockpit and the different "humped" airbox used on the second part of the season...just different color but not the aero modifications nor front wheel covers.

Mattel is milking the mold