Rear seats | FerrariChat

Rear seats

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rebirthauto, Jan 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rebirthauto

rebirthauto Karting

Mar 25, 2007
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Sebastien
    Does anyone actually use the rear seats on these cars, or is it like my 2+2 xke, where they are more ornemental than functional.

2. fez1238

fez1238 Karting

Sep 5, 2007
    #2 fez1238, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    I've got a GT4 and am 6'4" and yet even I use the rear seats all the time! :D

My 5-year old son often sits there, as does my 5' tall (small?) girlfriend when we have a taller third person with us (and don't have to travel too far). Plus it is priceless for storing luggage (especially the luggage you don't want to smell like "eau-de-mixture-riche" upon arrival :D)

Hans

4. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hans,
    Post the picture of you and your girlfriend standing next to it.
    GREAT photo
    :D

5. rebirthauto

rebirthauto Karting

Mar 25, 2007
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Sebastien
    Very nice interior, thanks for the pics. I have my first child on the way, and that is what prompted the question. I really think it is important to include her in our F-car adventures, and with my TR it would have to be either the wife or daughter... not a good choice.

I thought that "eau-de-mixture-riche" was the sole domain of Sir William Lyons. My xke weeds out the men from the boys; driving it is much like that gas chamber scene from Police Academy. Ultimately, my wife isn't much of a Bobcat fan, and refuses to drive in it until I fix the problem... what problem... how did i get here?

6. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    I've used mine to take my two young girls for rides and to the daycare, and have taken friends out for dinner a couple of times - it is really great to be able to share it with more than one friend! Having the extra room for gear is also great for long trips.

Aidan

7. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    #7 Hans, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Heh heh

And to think she's wearing heels on this one... :D

Hans
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Han's it's nice to see other normal sized people who drive fun cars...I am 6'5"
    Rick

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Hey, you transposed that last picture.....

10. fez1238

fez1238 Karting

Sep 5, 2007

+1 (not inches ...vote)

11. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke
    Every Sunday I take my family out to breakfast in it,two teenagers and wife and I. Use it to pick freinds up from the air port. Take another couple out to dinner, etc, etc,. I find I am not driven the other cars as much (67 911S, 63 MG midget) becouse they are not as "practical" as the 400. These two plus two Ferrari's are really wonderful hidden secrets that can really spice up life.

12. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Mickey Dee's has quite a dress code.

13. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    Yeah, that's how we get dressed for a bite here in Europe... :D

(seriously, we got quite a stare when we walked in there, dressed like that).

This was last September when a fellow FChat member had organised an FChat meeting. The guy is a professional violin player and the agenda for the meeting was packed with such stylish events (like lunch in a star restaurant - NOT McDo's, visiting a 13th century castle, vising an 11th century church to have a mini violin concert, that kind of stuff) that we thought we'd dress up for the occasion - only to slip back into our regular clothes once all 26 cars had assembled.

Pics here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165270

14. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Oh, come on guys! That rear seat might be fine for kids (5'-0" or less) but no 6'-0" guy (or gal) is going to enjoy the rear seat ride for any real length of time 'unless' they've never ridden in a Ferrari. @ 5'-10 1/2", that back seat is cramped, I've even considered moving the front seat rails back another 2" to lighten the bend @ the knees.

Got to hand it to ya Hans! Aren't your knees a little close to the steering wheel?

Both you & Hans are testiment that really tall people can actually jump into these GTS. Hey, I heard that Wilt Chamberlain tooled around in one of these.