Your Exotic in the DC Auto Show? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Your Exotic in the DC Auto Show?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by lashss, Jan 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    The jeep; yes it is definitely a different kind of vehicle. Definitely not to my taste, but "the guy" did all of the work himself, including any engineering of the mechanized bits, the body work, as well as the paint work. He also did a bit of the work on the little green monster of a hot-rod pictured in this thread.

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Although the Jeep is not my taste, I really respect the guy for holding onto his first car.

I give anything to have my first car... 1988 Honda Accord DX! Singe side view mirror, Testarossa style baby! :D

3. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    me too. 70 challenger 340 4 speed. wait, i have a 70 challenger 340. realy wish it was the original one though.

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Is it still have those guardrail aerodynamics you put on it?

5. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    it was an suv, yes.

6. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Nice.

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

7. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    The DC Auto Show is shaping up nicely.

There are some interesting cars on display. Ferrari F40, 599GTB, LP640 Roadster, Superleggera, new M3, K1 Attack, GT500 Super Snake, etc.

Also, check out the tuner gallery, we put together some interesting cars to say the least. Where else are you going to see a Ferrari, a vintage Volvo racecar, an open wheel Formula Continental and a righthand drive Skyline in the same area?

LS

8. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can't wait, I hope this will be better than last years, which it looks like it will.

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I like the Jeep! Not something I think I could have done, but it looks cool to me. I see also that the Garage Majal owner likes the Backyard Buddy brand of lifts. I saw one this weekend and was impressed enough to order one of a similar style from a company in Kansas.
    :)
    BT

10. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    When I was a kid, I probably logged over 100K miles on a dirt bike just like the one pictured in the background of the shot with the lifts. I miss that thing.

Steve

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I think I'm going to take my father-in-law to the show this year. He's coming in town this weekend. Anyone know a good place to get 4 tix?

12. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Forget the thread, start planning the party! Maybe pick up a couple politicians to throw into the shark tank and help him mount a spring on the toilet seat that automatically raises the seat up unless you are sitting on it....he probably already has that, never mind. After seeing those pics makes me want to put a bed in my garage and install a lifts in my dinning room.

13. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    A factory, production Carlsson MB C-class will be there on Thursday morning...pretty amazing collection of official Tier 1 tuner cars.

The 599GTB, in what looks like grigio, looks great as well. I hadn't seen the Maser GT in person until earlier this week and I am pleasantly surprised with the proportions.

LS

14. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Great display Deep, as usual that was great time.

15. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    You can't just show up on saturday and buy a ticket? I was maybe thinking of doing that with my son....

16. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    You can buy tickets at door. I believe you need cash. Or you can order E-tickets online.

http://www.washingtonautoshow.org/showInfo.cfm

http://www.washingtonautoshow.org/showInfo.cfm

Yes it was. Had a great time last night. The show gets better each year. There were a few surprises (at least for me) and the aftermarket/motorsports section that you guys put togther turn out very nice. I be back Saturday with my brother and a couple friends from out of town.

17. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I would think you can..... But, I went to the motorcycle show a few weeks ago and the ticket line was about 45 min long (guess). I purchased tix online and walked right in. I know sometimes dealers, etc. get coupon / tix too so I thought I'd ask around.

18. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I wouldn't be surprised. We went the motorcycle show as well, got there around 4:30PM Saturday evening and bought tickets at the door and walked right in. It all depends on when you get there for the most part. I would buy them on line to make it easier for youself. It also seems if you go earlier the thinner the crowds will be.

19. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    You can buy tickets at the "door" but the lines can be pretty long...

LS

20. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    Here are some pics from set-up on Sunday:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    Thanks for posting the pictures. What a great opportunity to photograph without 1000's of people in the way.

cheers

ken

22. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    Yeah it was nice being able to really go up to any car as close as you want and onto the diplays. Here are the pics from Tuesday night:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Are there any discounted tickets or coupons for Saturday?

Anyone know if the Jag XF is there? I really want to see one in person..

24. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    #49 markr, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This was Tuesday night too so it should still be sitting right out front. I believe its was an XF-R and not just and XF.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Looks like some good displays this year!!! Pretty excited to get back home and shoot it, who will be there Saturday?