Fake F40 owners manual?/eBay | FerrariChat

Fake F40 owners manual?/eBay

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by WCH, Jan 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Ah, eBay! I bought this, even though I have an original manual. The version that arrived is not the version shown in the listing; for example, the manual I received does not have "US Version" printed on the cover. There are other, small differences between the eBay book and mine. The eBay version nonetheless has very high quality paper, color illustrations, and seems like an awfully good fake, if that's what it is. The back of the eBay manual has the following printed on it - missing from my original:

Societa Per Azioni Esercizio Fabbriche Automobili e Corse

I believe this used to be part of Ferrari's corporate name.

Interesting. Makes me wonder about the Rolex I purchased for a song from that nice Manhattan street vendor.

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
  3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Isn't what you describe and show possibly not the US version you already have ?

What is the print number in your own and that you received ?

There are at least two US versions I believe for example

And does the vendor of the set actually say its a US set ?

4. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Effortyists,

Perhaps this manual may be the English version?

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

5. DavidDeCiantis

DavidDeCiantis Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    what's this story?

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    The complete docs packet referred to in my post # 3 is not labeled as to the version. Here is the seller's answer to my inquiry:

"the US version owners manual is in stock by us, the one shown is EURO sepc, buti have the US too"

Personally, I think it's a little misleading, but they make no false claims. Incomplete, but not false.

I am aware that there are a couple versions of the US F40 manual, but - is there a US manual that doesn't say "US Version," in red ink, on the cover?

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    IMO the manual in my first post is fake. It purports to be "cat 606/90," but there are imperfections and other hints that it is a reproduction.