which way to go?? | FerrariChat

which way to go??

Discussion in '360/430' started by bocaspyder360, Jan 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bocaspyder360

bocaspyder360 Karting

Jan 18, 2008
    Thinking about buying a 360 soon... I dont know if I should go spider or coupe... I live in S. Florida, and it does get hot most of the months, where you bake with the top down... I do like the look of the spider when the top is down, but dont luv it when its up... In the coupe do you have more room behind the seats? Does the car ride any different? feel tighter?

2. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    I think this is a matter of personal taste more than anything else.

Both my F-Cars have been Coupes as I think they're better looking... but that's just my opinion.

I have a 911 Cab which satisfies my need for a drop-top.

If unwilling or unable to have multiple cars that play different roles... I'd get the Spider and keep the top down as much as possible.

Frank

3. FQ340

FQ340 Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    ahmet
    Dont think about the weather man, go which ever style you like the most.
    You'll have either hot days or rainy days, and probably only a few "cool/warm" days to feel really comfortable in a spider.
    But its not what matters, what matters is do you feel good in it.

I think guys from UK can answer that question more appropriately.
    As far as i know, UK is the country which buys more convertibles than any other country in the world (cars/convertibles ratio), and my humble observation from a few trips says, the weather there is "mostly" not suitable for open top cruising.

cheers..

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    The coupe is tighter with none of the cowl shake and body flex the 360 spider has, although the 360 spider has a stiffer chassis than most spiders....you will notice this difference over irregular terrain...the coupe is also lighter and slightly quicker and more responsive, but this not noticable in everyday driving.....you do hear the engine better in the spider, and the 360 spider has better lines than the coupe with the top down, but thats just my opinion....ironically, i like the lines of the 430 coupe better than the 430 spider, but visa versa for the 360..its a tough decision to make, you cant lose either way........

5. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Just get a three pedal car!

6. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Ever been upside down in a car? If so, I don't think that you'll buy the spider. From someone who's been there.

Art

7. FQ340

FQ340 Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    ahmet
    No need to bring darkness on the subject, but, in case something like that happens, think twice before unbuckling yourself ;)

8. bocaspyder360

bocaspyder360 Karting

Jan 18, 2008
    better to go F1 or 6 speed? ANy problems burning up clutches on the F1?

9. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    S. Florida guy could live well with Spyder!.............moreover he will love greater sound from behind I believe!!!

10. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I was hell bent on getting a spider until I drove a coupe that sealed it. I have other cars that fill the "topless" need so it made the choice an easy one for me.