New to the Club | FerrariChat

New to the Club

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by SATedeschi, Jan 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Hi Folks.

I'm new to the Ferrari club and will be looking to purchase a 1999 355 Spider come September around 15,000 miles on her. Just a couple of questions if you folks would't mind.

I live in upper Delaware would the NJ/Penn club have events that would be closer or Mid-Atlantic. It seems the Mid-Atlantic but just want to get a few opinions. The second is what are your thoughts on a purchase. A friend of mine knows a mechanic in Penn that services exotics/Ferrari's and would start looking for me in August. I was thinking Ebay too. ps: The reason for the late start is I have a deal with my wife to loose 100 pounds - I'm down to 271 from 305 need to get to 200. Funny the car is probably going to save my life someday.

Thanks and hope to meet you folks in the near future.

ps: I'll be at the Wash Auto show so maybe I'll run into one of you folks.

2. Rafienva

Rafienva Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    North Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Ralph(Rafi) Cestero
    Welcome Steve. I am sure a lot of the guys in this forum can answer many of your questions regarding 355's. On the weight issue good luck.

3. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Welcome to the club. Both chapters are really active.

Keep watching here. There are a bunch of people getting together in the Phily area for drives all the time.

4. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Welcome. Interesting idea to tie a weight reduction goal to a Ferrari purchase.
    Let me know if you discover any diet and/or exercise secrets that help reach that goal.
    I'm down 20 lbs from my high point but would really like to lose another 25 lbs this year.

5. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Hi Steve,
    Welcome aboard. I'm in Northern DE also, there are several of us in the area. First, please join us one Saturday. We meet every Saturday morning at 8 AM (however, attendance varies based on weather) at the Starbucks at Dilworthtown Plaza off route 202 in PA near Otto's BMW.

Purchasing, just be sure to do a PPI, but I'm sure you're going to get plenty of advice from the rest of the fine folks here. You might want to read through some of the old posts to get acquainted with the common issues. Good luck, hope to meet you soon!

Alex

6. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    keep an eye on cars.com and autotrader .com too. and say hi to luigi when you go to the show.

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Welcome,

Though you might have trouble finding guys around that can help regarding a 99 355 Spider........ ;)

8. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Welcome Steve,

There are several places to find out great info on the 355. First is the 355 section here, then there is the355.com and finally the 355 registry site. Several guys in this section have 355s so if you attend any of the events you can get alot of great info talking with them first hand.

9. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    steve, did you sell your spider?

10. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, Its getting picked up this week...

11. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    95 355 GTB here.

Steve
    VA

12. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Cars and coffee at Starbucks in West Chester as Alex pointed out. EVERY Saturday, rain or shine at least a few guys show up. 8:00 sharp. (except for Drew) route 202 and Dilworthtown Road. It'll be on your right as you approach from the south on 202.

As to the weight loss thing. This may sound like a stupid commercial, but my wife has had great success with Nutri Systems. Doesn't really cost more than regular food, and has helped her a lot. (NOT THAT SHE NEEDED TO LOSE ANY WIEGHT!!!)

And I've tried the stuff too. It's not bad at all. Very regimented system, lots of protein and fiber, low fat.

DM

13. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    I appreciate all the good will. Thank you.

Yes- nutra system and exercise at the gym leads to a 355. I look forward to seeing you guys soon, probably when the weather gets a bit warmer. In the meantime I'll continue reading up and checking out past posts on 355's

Thanks again!!!!

14. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    I actually have no clue about Mid-Atlantic events, but a few Penn-Jerseys are pretty good. I am not even a member! Of course you have Reading, and Barto is actually pretty good, weather permitting :ahem: rain= :ahem: no FXX :ahem: that was supposed to :ahem: come

15. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Get a 328, you won't be able to drive it if you put the weight back on. Welcome

16. John Dowling

John Dowling Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
    I suggest we all meet at a pizza parlor to discuss.

17. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Weather doesn't slow us down. We are out when it's cold, hot, wet, dry, whatever.

I bring the 360 unless there's snow on the ground. I can't find enough time to drive it!

C'mon out, we're not a proud bunch.

Dave

18. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    Welcome aboard! You'll find this a rather hospitable place.

There's always something fun going on, its just a matter of poking around. Here is the FCA MAR list of events (posted on their website www.fca-mar.com) I wish I could put up the PA-NJ schedule but....

Some of the highlights are the Spring Thaw in Reston, the great concours up in Reading PA, the nationals up in Toronto as well as some great track days and various other events. Hope to see you out there sometime.

ken

There are some great events listed and there's usually a push in this section to motivate and organize folks to attend.

January 22-27, 2008 Cavallino Classic, Palm Beach www.cavallino.com

January 23-27, 2008 Washington DC Auto Show www.washingtonautoshow.org

February 7-10, 2008 Baltimore Auto Show www.motortrendautoshows.com/baltimore

February 17, 2008 FCA-MAR Enzo Ferrari’s Birthday Party Dave Born [email protected]

March 7-9, 2008 Amelia Island, FL Concours d’Elegance www.ameliaconcours.org

March 15-16, 2008 Australian GP

March 22-23, 2008 Malaysian GP

March 29, 2008 FCA-MAR Garage Day - Lifts and Lunch

Great Falls, VA Fred & Betsy True [email protected]

April 6, 2008 FoW All Italian Car Tour Redding Finney Ferrari of Washington [email protected]

April 6-7, 2008 Bahrain GP

April 13, 2008 FCA-MAR Spring Thaw Reston, VA Laura Ebert [email protected]

April 20, 2008 Williamsburg Winery British and European Car Show www.wmbgbrit.com/crimson_079.htm Doug Wilson [email protected]

April 21-22, 2008 FoW Summit Point Track Days With Wounded Warrior - Mon. & Tues. Redding Finney Ferrari of Washington [email protected]

April 26-27, 2008 Spanish GP

May 3, 2008 FCA-MAR Central VA Vineyard Tour and More Bob & Chris Vitrikas [email protected]

May 10-11, 2008 Turkish GP

May 18, 2008 FCA-MAR Reading Concours Reading, PA Pietro Castiglione [email protected]

May 24-25, 2008 Monaco GP

June 6-8, 2008 FCA-MAR Virginia Grand Doug & Phyllis Teague [email protected]

June 7-8, 2008 Canadian GP

June 8, 2008 FoW Canadian GP Pot Luck Party Redding Finney Ferrari of Washington [email protected]

June 22, 2008 FCA-MAR Picnic with Ferrari Friends Waterford, VA John White [email protected]

July 5-6, 2008 British GP

July 9-13, 2008 FCA Annual Meet Toronto, Ontario http://www.fca2008.org

July 18-20, 2008 FCA-MAR West Virginia High Tour with Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Betty & Bill Ebert [email protected]

July 19-20, 2008 German GP

July 28-29, 2008 FoW Summit Point Track Days - Mon. & Tues. Redding Finney Ferrari of Washington [email protected]

August 2-3, 2008 Hungarian GP

August 16-17, 2008 Concorso Italiano, Monterey & Pebble Beach

August 23, 2008 FCA-MAR North Baltimore Tour and Car Corral Party Randy Moss [email protected] & Pam and Rick Morris [email protected]

August 23-24, 2008 European GP

August 6-7, 2008 Belgian GP

September 13-14, 2008 FCA-MAR Classics on the James Richmond, VA John Dowling [email protected]

September 13-14, 2008 Italian GP

September 27-28, 2008 Singapore GP

September 28, 2008 FCA-MAR Concorso Italia de Baltimore Baltimore, MD Dave Born [email protected]

October 4-5, 2008 FCA-MAR Annapolis - Cape May, NJ Weekend Barbara Roza [email protected]

October 11-12, 2008 Japanese GP

October 11-13, 2008 FoW Summit Point Track Days - Sat. thru Mon. Redding Finney Ferrari of Washington [email protected]

October 18, 2008 FCA-MAR Rockville Car Show Steve & Judy White [email protected]

October 18-19, 2008 Chinese GP

November 1-2, 2008 Brazilian GP

November 2, 2008 FoW Italian Car Fall Color Tour Redding Finney Ferrari of Washington [email protected]

November 8, 2008 Open House @ Competizione & Sports Cars Gaithersburg, MD Richard Capoccia & Fernando Torres Competizione & Sports Cars [email protected]

November 15, 2008 FCA-MAR Thank You Party for FoW Ferrari of Washington dealership Sterling, VA Bill Ebert [email protected]

December 6, 2008 FCA-MAR Holiday Party Annapolis, MD Linda & Bob Blackwood [email protected]