New Member | FerrariChat

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RawAutos, Jan 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RawAutos

RawAutos Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Lewis
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hello! My name is Josh and I am a huge automotive enthusiast, and have been all of my life. I have been a Ferrari nut since day 1 too. I firmly believe that Ferrari, Porsche and BMW are 3 of the greatest automotive companies ever. I'm sure ill get slammed for Porsche and BMW being on that list, but, oh well haha.

I belong to about 20 or more other car forums/clubs. So I am not new to any of this or the behaviors.

Just in case you care, I am 21 (22 in May) and am a car salesman. I was working for a local Mazda dealer in Wilmington, NC where I live, but, recently quit to pursue a job at a BMW dealership in Wilmington. I am still in talks with BMW and don't have the job as of yet. I was kind of tired of the ownership of Mazda so I decided to leave. I also own and operate an automotive website called www.RawAutos.com where I talk about everything automotive. I write quit a bit on there, 1 new article every week and sometimes I will post interesting bits of news in my news section. It is only about 4.5 months old but I love doing it since it has to do with cars.

I am also a musician. I play Guitar, Piano, Harmonica and sing. I have been playing guitar for about 8 years now and write my own stuff as well as playing Blues, Jazz, R&B, Soul and Rock. I have also studied guitar at a major music school in Tampa, FL for about a year. And I have been formally trained as a guitarist since day 1. I love talking music, playing it, listening to it or even just helping people listen to better music as well...

I personally do not own any Ferrari's. My father has had the opportunity to purchase a few but has always backed down because he just didn't want the hassle of owning one. We have had a lot of different kinds of cars though, which was always nice. Mostly Corvette's (old and new), BMW's, MB's, Chevy's, Fords and others.

I currently drive a 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 and love it. I have had 2 BMW's before -A 1996 328iS and a 2005 330i ZSP (Sport Package) Sedan- but am looking to get into another BMW, simply because I am very passionate about them.

Well, I guess that's me in a nutshell. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Also feel free to visit my site and leave comments there or on here saying your likes and dislikes.

Thanks guys,

Josh

2. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Welcome Josh

3. RawAutos

RawAutos Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Lewis
    thanks man. is that a 512 in your avatar? shoot me if im wrong. just doesnt seem the colors of a 308 or 328...

4. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Welcome (from an NCSU alum)

5. RawAutos

RawAutos Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Lewis
    nice. what year did you graduate? my dads corporate travel agency does sports travel for their football team...

6. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    1971 - back in the time when we had David Thompson on our basketball team.

7. RawAutos

RawAutos Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Lewis
    well, i do know of the era, its just i was still 15 years from being conceived hahaha...

so what year is your Testarossa? any chance i could drive it? haha jk

8. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Good... it couldn't have been me then ...

9. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Josh, welcome. Sure wish I was 21 again!

10. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Welcome Josh. Im also a musician....Nice to see more guitarists on F chat

11. RawAutos

RawAutos Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Lewis
    oh thats great. what do you listen to and play? play around anywhere? too bad i dont have an F-430 or any other Ferrari for that matter to fit in more haha

12. Joe360

Joe360 Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Germany&Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wow, and gone Rossa already...

You're the right guy for this place :D

13. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Welcome to F-Chat Josh... enjoy!

Mike in Kuwait

14. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Welcome. I'm sure someone will trade in an old 360 at the BMW dealership and you'll have it for the price of a 6 series.

Lol.

15. RawAutos

RawAutos Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Lewis
    HA! i wish... haha

16. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Welcome to Fchat. Lots of good people and info here, enjoy. :)

17. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    +1

Welcome Josh.

18. RawAutos

RawAutos Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Lewis
    i saw that your location is Baltimore. i was born and raised there. still have lots of family that lives up that way. also my family is very close to a gentleman named Steve De Castro who owns a few Ruth's Chris's up there, the Eurasian Harbor and Babaloo Grill in the Inner Harbor.