Forget Ferraris.... I want a Rocket Belt | FerrariChat

Forget Ferraris.... I want a Rocket Belt

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MarkPDX, Jan 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #1 MarkPDX, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thunderbolt Aerosystems

The ThunderPack Revision-2, Generation-2 (R1G2), is the current model of enhanced rocketbelt design produced by Thunderbolt Aerosystems between 2004 and 2006. This model can be constructed to operate on either dual-fuel design, as its predecessor TP-R1G2 and it can utilized specially promoted hydrogen peroxide (PERTOL) or standard High Test Peroxide.

In the dual-fuel mode, it has the capability to burn two fuels; the oxidizer (hydrogen peroxide or PERTOL) and a hydrocarbon fuel, like kerosene, diesel or methanol. The TP-R2G2 is the flagship of Thunderbolt Aerosystems and will be available for sale in both formats HTP or dual-fuel setups.

Check out the video on their web site :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    They couldn't find anywhere better for their first test flight than over dirt ground within 20 feet of dry brush and dead trees? Is that some sort of joke web site???

3. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Yeah, the location they picked was a little sketchy. I'm also thinking that fuel would be a pretty expensive and dangerous proposition, rocket grade hydrogen peroxide is nasty stuff.

4. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    HAHAH what is up with the music in the beginning?? What is this the Time Machine?

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    There was a stunt man here in Dallas that did the rocket man stuff for TV and Movies like the 6 Million Dollar Man.
    Hydrogen peroxide also powered the Heinkel rocket fighter in WW2 and some rocket dragsters like the Pollution Packer.
    3.5 sec quarter miles way back when.

Very nasty stuff but simple and effective.

I wonder if they have a super turbo version or is it natures way of telling me to lay off the Cheeseburgers ?

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

That test flight was on par with Kitty Hawk. Are they available at ACME rent all yet?

7. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I can picture myself in the trees with that one

8. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I hope this thing gets under control. I'd love to have one of these.

9. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    bleh. Bond did it aaaaages ago :D

10. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I have wanted a jetpack for as long as I can remember. I want it. Period.

11. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i'd say within 20 years we'll be seeing these in the same manner as segways...sign me up!

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    More importantly (and real) was the guy at the Olympics who actually flew with it into the stadium.

Sorry, but this test flight demo doesn't really get me too excited: The flight is like 5 seconds and 15 feet up in the air. The one at the Olympics was a real flight with precision landing and some altitude high enough to have been fatal if something had gone wrong.

But thanks for the post anyway. Hopefully they'll get it working for real in a few years time.