Flying to Thailand advice on airlines | FerrariChat

Flying to Thailand advice on airlines

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Mera, Jan 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    My girlfriend who is Thai (who was born in Thailand) wants to go visit her father as he is getting old. She has a Thai girlfriend here locally who has flown to Thailand a few times in the past and seems to be very good at getting around Thailand. I am thinking I will pay for the tickets so both can go. I really do not want to take the time and endure that long of a flight to Thailand. Just flying to Phoenix from Milwaukee to see the Eagles a few years ago was tough on me. So I am wondering about airline tickets. I looked on cheaptickets.com and found some options. I am wondering what others have done. Are there better seating options available like a business class? I would maybe look at a better seat option if it is not terribly overpriced.

Rodney Dickman
    1990 348 TS

2. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    my gf used cathay pacific to go to thailand and said they were great.

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Ive flown there on Cathay Pacific several times...IIRC it was about $3500 business class....first class was double that.

Its been three years since Ive gone so YMMV

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I think Dr. Stranglove has vacationed over there several times, you might want to PM him...

5. rbarker33

rbarker33 Rookie

Jul 29, 2007
    When heading to Asia, I always fly on Asian carriers (Cathay, JAL, SingaporeAir, Thai airlines); the hospitality in my opinion is much better than american carriers. I usually fly business class, when I am putting together a trip I use sidestep dot com. They have a pretty good search feature that lets you compare airlines / prices.

Good luck, should be a fun trip to thailand.

6. 2006F430

2006F430 Karting

Dec 10, 2005
    Dr. Strangelove + Thailand = hmm, interesting

7. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    What are you saying?

8. Akira

Akira Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
  9. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    I'm seeing round trip, Milwaukee to Bangkok, for $1045 on expedia. That includes all taxes and fees.

A couple hundred less than sidestep...

Now I just have to be nosy and ask why YOU are paying for HER ticket? AND a friend? Not that I care, but if you spoil them rotten before you even marry them, don't be surprised when she's even worse after the wedding.

10. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I just flew someone over to meet me there in November. They flew ThaiAir. It cost $1700 coach but using air-miles it only cost $950 but then I told them to upgrade to business right before the flight and it only cost +$650 so back to $1600. It was a 17 hour flight with no stops from JFK to BKK. Sweet and easy.

11. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    I know im in the UK, so im not sure what carriers you can use. But Singapore Airlines are top notch. Business class is great, but im sure we pay a hell of a lot more than you guys do.

If you can, fly with Singapore Airlines !!!

12. rbarker33

rbarker33 Rookie

Jul 29, 2007