Auto show preview | FerrariChat

Auto show preview

Discussion in 'Texas' started by MobileJay, Jan 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    #1 MobileJay, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was up at the Houston auto show earlier detailing a couple cars. While I was there I decided to walk a bit and snap a few pics. The pic of the two BMW's were the cars I was working on, the others were just pics. The white Aston was a pearl white...GORGEOUS color
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Great pics! I see my friend Taza at Progressive Autosports is there again...he always brings in the sweet cars.

3. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Nice pics Jason, what all where doing on the BMW's? they looked good. Is that the Autorama? or a different car show? I'm doing a few cars for the Autorama coming up here in Feb. I'll have to post a few pics too.

4. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Josh, the silver 5 seriers I clayed and waxed. It is from the BMW dealer and then going back. The black one I washed and waxed, then I polished the hood (carbon fiber) with poli seal to get some really light swirling out. Theres an SL I might be going back to get done today. No it is the Auto Show, we have Autorama in November here.

Ro, I met Taza a LONG time ago. My ex used to take her car up to him back in the day. Great guy but I doubt he remembers me, I only met him 3 times. He has some nice cars in that booth.

5. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Jason, I emailed you last weekend while I was in Houston but never heard back from you. I had a few cars recieving the full polish treatment with the rotary, too bad we couldn't hook up while I was down there, I'll be back once or twice in Feb, so shoot me your # and maybe we can get together then?

Josh

6. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    PM sent
    Yeah I received your email but I was pretty busy that day running around, plus when I noticed the email it was about 3pm. Next time.

7. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Oh I asked the second day I was there what company it was and they said Reus Systems. I swear I'm not here to promote their business(don't want to get in trouble) but damn they do good work. Everything looks stock. No huge boxes, everythings hidden, and the sound is amazing. If you guys go to the show(and don't all ready know)check them out.

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great work Jason. One of these days I may have to get you to detail my car.

Anyone know places giving out free car show tickets?

9. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Absolutely, just give me a shout.
    I don't know about free but Luby's has coupons or what ever that give you a few $ off.

10. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Will do. I'm going to do the task when it warms up. I'm sure after that I'll be discouraged to do it ever again and have you do it. :D

Gonna look into it. A few bucks off is better than nothing.

11. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    ive only seen Ferrari there once, and that was YEARS ago... were the exotics you saw in a complete different room or section?

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Correct, last FoH attendance was when the Enzo was new, with F1 engine displays and such.......

I was thinking about heading out though, with Valeria, or without...as seems to be my two options these days!!! :D :D

I think the aftermarket rim companies are the ones showing this week......

13. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    No they're not in a different room. If you go, they are by the Scion exhibit where they are all stacked on eachother. It is not actuall FoH or LoH, its Progressive Autosports. Then Lotus is there with their cars.

14. jdd

jdd Rookie

Apr 7, 2007
    I was at the Houston Auto show as well and I second that motion about the sound quality and the basically factory install of the Reus Audio System.