How do I active the Auto-Lock feature on 360? | FerrariChat

How do I active the Auto-Lock feature on 360?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by racerf360, Jan 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerf360

racerf360 Karting

Mar 18, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    How do I active the Auto-Lock feature on my F360?

Thank you.

- Mitch

2. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    I was just reading about this in my manual.
    I got the impression that it will auto-dissable (the starter and fuel system) but not auto-arm the alarm.

I don't think this is possible as the windows would then also have to auto-roll up, too.

Am I just missing something? Would be cool if there were such a feature like this.

3. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    ... I also assume you aren't refering to the auto-lock that occurs if you hit the key fob and then don't open the door within a minute or two.... mine seems to do this.

4. racerf360

racerf360 Karting

Mar 18, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Thanks for the info, what i mean was when you park the car and leave it unlocked, the car would lock itself after a few minutes.

5. Camdon53

Camdon53 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don’t recall seeing such a feature in the manual for my ’02 coupe. The way mine works is that if you simply close (but do not lock) the doors and walk away, the car will automatically disarm itself in approximately 90 seconds. That means it won’t start (both fuel flow and ignition are interrupted) but the doors are still unlocked. In this case, the alarm is NOT activated either. As I understand, the only way to arm the alarm is with the key fob and the only way to lock the doors is with the key fob or with the key. If someone knows better, please speak up.

P.S. I much prefer the way my 360 works to the way my Honda works which will automatically lock the doors under certain circumstances. The Honda has locked me out several times and caused much trouble.