NHRA Drag racer Doug Herbert's 2 sons killed | FerrariChat

NHRA Drag racer Doug Herbert's 2 sons killed

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by gblogger, Jan 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger
  2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Very tragic to lose young people like that.. Glad the other persons were not hurt very bad...

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i was there that morning. moreover, on thursday prior, i was driving my 930 up jetton rd to my house and the mazda actually tried to race me. how ironic is it that just two days later, the driver and his little brother were racing down jetton rd. again...but this time a sad result.

it was almost as if it was a matter of time. still very sad.

pcb

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Very sad. At least the others were not killed.

If others parents knew how the kid drove, it's ashame Mr. Herbert didn't either take his sons license away himself, let alone allow his 12 year old son to ride in the car with him.

It is refreshing that there are parents out there that barred their kids from riding with the kid.

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

yes, i agree that it is actually refreshing to see when parents do the right thing by not letting their children ride in cars (fast or not) w/ new or relatively new drivers. there is just too much at stake!

jetton rd where the accident occurred is getting to be like a drag strip in what is a very, very upscale neighborhood. i have my east coast residence in the peninsula (on jetton rd.) as do many sports celebs like coaches gibbs and shotenheimer (sp?), many nascar owners, drivers and bobcat and panthers players. this means there is no end to the hot cars running up and down jetton rd. it always seems some one will try to chase you down to see what you are driving or tries to race you.

i use the road as my warm up loop for my 512bbi when i go to starbucks on weekends that i am in town. i never get out of third gear so i feel ok about my behavior.

the road will be heavily patrolled hence forth but is does nothing to help those young boys. as kids, many of us were guilty of such antics but many us us had some skill and lots of luck on our side. i wish doug herbert peace in the future as he is a solid person that has sustained an unthinkable loss.

pcb

6. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    This guy is in for a long road of hurt. No one deserves to go throught this and I feel bad that he has to deal with stories on the internet and tv.