3M Clear Bra | FerrariChat

3M Clear Bra

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by vnttg, Jan 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vnttg

vnttg Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2007
    CA
    I am planning to have Inspire Auto Mobile (Cerritos, Ca) to 3M my auto. Has anyone used this company? Should I only do the full Hood, Mirror and Bumper or only partial Hood, Mirror, and Bumper? Thanks.

2. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    We're just doing front bumper.

3. Friuli575M

Friuli575M Karting

Jan 25, 2008
    California
    If you plan on driving at any track events / DE, you may wish to get the whole hood done. Following 360s and F430s is dangerous with out it ;-) they throw up rocks and debris like mad with the way they channel air under them. If you're just touring around then the front nose up to just above the prancing horse should do.

4. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    I have 3M on my track cars and they are generally great. One problem though. You pick up a lot of rubber stains and deposits from slicks and they are tough to remove without damaging the 3M. My front end has lots of marks on the 3M from rubber removals. Bug and tar removers and hard rubbing easily damges the soft 3M.

5. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Not familiar with the installer however, I would apply film to, bumper, full hood, mirror backs, behind wheels, and sills. Arguably the best product out there is VentureShield Ultra. VentureShield was recently purchased by 3M however, two different products.
    If your considering a second installer I would contact, http://www.premiermobilegroup.com. Premier has done all my cars and yesterday they did my 430. Their work is absolutely impeccable. I have no affiliation with Premier.

6. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    Be sure to look into credentials and referrals. There are many more new installers on the market that are "certified", which is generally a 2-3 day course and off they go. More importantly, take a look at some of their finished product to ensure that their standards match yours. Good luck.