Official NYMC/GPNY Karting League! | FerrariChat

Official NYMC/GPNY Karting League!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by MattF NYMC, Jan 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MattF NYMC

MattF NYMC Formula 3

Oct 26, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matt Farah
    OK, here are the OFFICIAL details on the NYMC Grand Prix New York Karting League. This is what you need to know:

1) There will be 5 race days. 4 days will be a qualifier and race, the final day will be the enduro race with no qualifier. Starting position will be based on points for the season. Each race day will feature a different track configuration. There are two tracks, so 4 possible configurations. The final enduro will be on the combined super-track.

2) In order to actually hold the league, we need between 20 and 26 people. We cannot do the league with less than 20 people. This is the price for the league:

NYMC Members: $600
    Non-Members: $700

This includes everything you need to show up and race with us.

3) These are the race dates:

Tuesday 2/19 8PM
    Tuesday 3/4 8PM
    Tuesday 3/18 8PM
    Tuesday 4/1 8PM
    Tuesday 4/15 8PM

We will have exclusive track use from 8-9 pm on these dates. That means, we will be on the track at 8 PM, and you should plan on arriving by 7:15 to sign in and suit up.

But Matt, it seems so expensive!

Let me be very clear. It is expensive because it is exclusive. This is the only way to ensure that we will have a private track at a guaranteed time. If you want to do arrive & drive, and you show up with 10 friends, and there's a 16 year old girl who doesn't know what she's doing, they will put her with you and she will **** up the whole race. Or, they could split up all your friends based on first come first served. This way, it's just us, with customized configurations and points standings, and the super track, which is not available at all to the public. Additionally, once GPNY opens it's almost guaranteed that the wait times for arrive & drive will be between 1 and 2 hours. With this league, there is NO WAIT TIME. At 8PM every other Tuesday, the track is ours, period.

if you want to be a part of the league, I need payment in full by February 10th. We accept cash, checks, or credit cards. PM me or email me at [email protected].

The league is open to all members and to non-members on a case-by case basis. Well known friends of the club are welcome. If we don't have at least 20 people, the league cannot happen, so if you're interested, sign up now and tell your friends.

I'm in, who's coming with me?
    1) Matt F

2. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    MMMM....Very strongly considering. I need a day to decide.

I'm not sure I can pass this up.

3. mullin

mullin Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Tom M
    I think the price is fair for what your offering. The first tuesday is during the Presidents Week holiday and I will be away as I'm sure others will also. Otherwise I'm in.

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    GPNY is INSANE. I wish I was around enough to sign up...

Noto, Marcello, Ferretti, Steve, Ortiz, Shivam, SIGN UP!

5. MattF NYMC

MattF NYMC Formula 3

Oct 26, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matt Farah
    I know the first day is at the tail end of presidents weekend, but it's 8 PM on the tuesday, so i figure most people would be home by then. if that day is the day holding you back from joining, please let me know, as maybe i can get the whole thing shifted by a week.

6. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    This is an awesome awesome opportunity to have the time of your life (on a weekly basis).

I was up there and recently did a private event and it was worth every cent and then some.

Due to business travel obligations I can't make most of these dates, but if I were available, I'd be there.

DO IT!

7. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    CRAP!!! I'm away for 2 weddings that interfere!

8. MattF NYMC

MattF NYMC Formula 3

Oct 26, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matt Farah
    If there is still anyone out there who is interested in joining the karting league, now is the time to sign up! I need 20 people to do the league, and signing up means actually paying, not just telling me that you're in. There are 5 days left to sign up, I need money by the end of the day on the 9th. If there are any questions please let me know.

9. mcb001982

mcb001982 Karting

Aug 10, 2006
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    this looks interesting......

10. mcb001982

mcb001982 Karting

Aug 10, 2006
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Bump, Matt did you get many more sign-ups on this?

~Matthew~

11. MattF NYMC

MattF NYMC Formula 3

Oct 26, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matt Farah
    unfortunately no, and today is the last day. I guess people weren't as into it as I thought they would be.

Karting league officially off..... ugh.

12. sfoster13

sfoster13 Rookie

Feb 17, 2008
    Hey Matt

We've got a league we're trying to pull together among a group of Porsche Club racers and DE guys. The group is being formed at www.rennlist.com in the racing forum.

One of the guys from Rennlist sent me a link to this thread. I'm headed over there today to work out the details. We have over 30 guys right now who have expressed interest pending the final details. As you experienced, we'll probably be short of that number but we do have quite a number of guys who are very close to the track. If you or anyone on this board would like to hear the details of the league, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll add you to the email list for details. The more guys we get the better.

Regards,
    Sean Foster

13. Ferariguy3

Ferariguy3 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    Yorktown, NY
    Full Name:
    John
    i would do it, but i just dont have the cash right now, im trying move into a new house, but i will be going hopefully 1 or 2 times a week to just drive and get used to things...maybe by summer ill be good to go for a league

14. MattF NYMC

MattF NYMC Formula 3

Oct 26, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matt Farah
    in the meantime sign up for our March 2nd 1-hour enduro race! PM me if you're interested