VTC, Turbo7903.... and now me!!!! | FerrariChat

VTC, Turbo7903.... and now me!!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by nsxnick, Jan 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #1 nsxnick, Jan 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    Very nice!

Doesn't VTC own two? Or am I mistaken?

Peter

3. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    if this is true then all 4 are accounted for (assuming that only 4 were made).

we have the market cornered!!

don't sell for under $100k :D :D

4. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    There is one at Performance Auto Group in Summit, NJ

5. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

did you get it yet?

I have 2

6. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

I am trying to figure out how many were actually made.

there were apparently 4 made for the Auto show in Switzerland (or Europe somewhere, Don't recall) as well as the 4 that we know about.

Total should be 8. If this current eBay one is the real deal, we have a count of 6 (that I am aware of)

I will get my hands on the final 2 if they exist :D

7. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
  8. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    i just won a few minutes ago. He is in Ontario so I will try to pick it up if he is within 5 hours from Detroit.

9. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
  10. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Doubtful.... I know of at least 4 others that are in friends hands. I am fairly sure number of clock far exceed advertised numbers. FAR exceed.

11. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    Damn - I guess that's an indication that I spend to much time on FChat. :)

Do I win a prize?

Peter

12. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    so much for that. The sale fell through.

me: Can I pick the clock up in person? Please let me know. Thanks.

him: Not doable. I do not have a store. I only accept Paypal. Payment is due within 24 hours. Please also let me know
    your zip code as the shipping price is most probably less. Thanks.

me: Zipcode is 48152. Please reinvoice me if the shipping cost is less. I will Paypal you first thing Friday (3 days terms per your auction). I am very excited about this clock and look forward to receiving it. Thanks

him: Hey Nick, Thank you for your reply. I will resend you the invoice as the shipping to your location is actually a few dollars less. You're going to love this clock! Let's keep in touch.

PM from Fchat member: Please be careful sending this guy the money. I have reason to believe he doesnt actually have the clock. He used stock photos from a yellow clock sold on ebay almost two years ago. When I ask him to send me any current photos he said he was to busy and couldnt be bothered. when I suggested he let a friend of mine drop by and pick up the clock personally and pay him he said he didnt want anyone coming to his house. He said if I didnt abide by his terms he would just sell it to the next guy in line. I have his phone number if you need it. Just doesnt smell right to me. If you do get the clock successfully I welcome you to the small ranks of ownership. Quite the converesation piece. Good Luck

me: Hi, I've been thinking this through and I would really feel much more comfortable if I could pick it up in person. I can meet you at any location. I can be flexible to accomodate your schedule. I can give you cash, money order or cashiers check and will still pay for the shipping costs. This is a lot of money for me and I hope you can understand. Thanks

him: Nick, this is unbelievable! Not only did I already tell you that pick-up is not available, but I also clearly stated the shipping terms in the auction. Did you think you would win the auction and then, start dictating your terms? Now, I guess you think that I am going to accommodate your request because of the amount of money? Luckily, this clock is in super high demand, and the under bidder has already asked to buy this clock for more than your bid, and others who missed the bidding have also made higher offers.. As you seem to insist on changing my non-negotiable auction terms, consider this sale cancelled. I will either relist this clock, as I believe that the auction price was too low, or I will sell to one of the other parties who have made offers this morning. Please do not submit payment. The clock is no longer available for purchase by you. It looks like you have been on Ebay long enough to know that when you want to change the terms of the auction, you ask questions before you bid, not after you win. Again, the clock is no longer for sale to you!

oh well. I feel bad if the guy is legit. I wasn't demanding anything... I was just trying to see if he would work with me (even though he was under no obligation under the sale terms).
    here's a link to the auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&viewitem=&item=220194987624&_trksid=p3907.m32

13. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

If that is what he told you verbatim, he is a complete A S S H O L E!

I would not talk to an enemy like that, much less someone buying something from me....but then again, I might have been raised wrong.

What a P RI CK ...
    No wonder he doesn't want anyone comin to his house.....;)

Sorry, I don't usually like to use profanity, but they were the only words that would work in the situation.

So, for that, I apologize if I offended anyone.

14. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Probably for the best you did not go through with it.

A big red flag to me is all the private auction feedbacks. All his are private, and all his feedback leavers are private, almost all of their feedback leavers are private too.

Legitimate eBay users don't go that far deep in private auctions. You should have a good mix.

Anyway, better safe than sorry.

-dsd

15. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very evident that it was a scam. Look how defensive he got when he saw you were insisting on pick-up. He knew you were not trusting him to send it. Best thing to do? Pull out of it.

But, of course, he had to make it seem like he had a legitimate REASON to pull out, which is why he played the drama-queen-game and pretended to be offended by you.

Come on. Don't feel bad. Just laugh at him.

If you really wanna know if he's for real or not, ask him if the photos are of his exact clock or just pictures of a copy of the clock. If he says they're actual photos, then based upon your PM you got from an F-chatter, you know he's full of it.

16. jck

jck Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    Santa Monica, CA
    Full Name:
    James Kim
    Next time, with another seller, maybe you can ask him to set the clock to a specific time, then send you a picture of it. That way, you know its not a file photo.

James

17. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    You made the right decision. I sent you the PM. I very much wanted this clock too but not badly enough to take a chance on loosing five grand. If previous posts are correct and there are more out there another will materialize. He needs to realize he is a seller and sellers dont act this way...not legitimate sellers.He pissed off the previous buyer as well. Did you know you arent the first successful bidder?This is the second time he tried to sell the clock and someone backed out. His tactics are either fraudulant or un business like. Either way he is a poor ebayer. Jon in Delaware

PS thank goodness for FChat. A forum you can count on for good information!!!

18. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Anyone report his conduct to ebay?

19. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    If you are ever in Detroit, beers are on me :)

20. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Thanks for the offer...might just take you up on that. My Family is in Toledo and I co-own a home in Maumee. Jon in Delaware