this was funny to me | FerrariChat

this was funny to me

Discussion in '348/355' started by potxoli, Jan 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    It's nice today so I got to drive the car to work. My spot is outside with the car plainly visible. I go out for lunch and notice someone left a business card under my car. It is from a Citi smith barney advisor. On the back hand written it says "You must be doing well for yourself. I would like to tell you about what I do for high net worth people. Give me a call". LOL. I wonder what he thought the car was worth? Maybe more than $100k?

You have to love the attention :)

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I had a similar thing happen years back. I was pulling into the financial tower parking lot and saw a 355 parked by itself. Now you know how many times you park out in the sticks only to have a bunch of cars park around you. So, I figured it would be funny for the owner to come out and have another Ferrari parked next to in. So I parked right along side it. When I came back the owner of the 355 left HER card on my windshield. She worked for Metlife. I got a good chuckle out of that.

3. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    either that or he knew how much it costs to service it haha

4. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    LOL. Yeah, maybe he was a Ferrari enthusiast after all!

5. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    One time an older Filipino guy pretended that my 348 was his! I think he was trying to impress me. :D

6. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Your f#ckin kidding me........lol.....what did he do when you told him you're the owner?

7. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Shame he didn't give it a wash for you as well like Joey in Friends :D

8. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    I waited for about 15mins before I told him that I needed to get in the 348 so I could leave. Funny thing was, he gave me an attitude! Like I should've told him that I owned the car before he tried to impress me or something. Then he asked me (in a sarcastic tone) if I was a drug dealer or a son of a "Filipino Politician" (cause I was only about 22-24yrs old at the time) as an insult. I just told him that other Filipinos weren't posers like him and that he could go ahead and take photos of the car and pretend it was his to all his friends and relatives in the Philippines. :D

9. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    LOL! :D

10. JudJop

JudJop Karting

Aug 30, 2006
    McKinney, TX
    Full Name:
    Judson Joplin
    My wife and I parked my car outside a vendors shop one day while she was taking a look around at some of the goods for sale. One of the vendors approached me after about 5 mins or so and said that he wasn't charging enough for his items. I asked why he thought so. He said that he just saw a Mercedes go by and that there was a Lamborghini parked across the road. I said, "I think that's a Ferrari". He said, "That's a $200k Lamborghini. Believe me, I know my cars". I grabbed my wife, got in the 355 and slowly drove away.

11. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Right on that's telling him.......;)

12. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    I think he was right, you are driving a $200K "Lambo 355"! :D Hilarious!!!