Who Watches UFC? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Who Watches UFC?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by stevep, Sep 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Swick pulls out a win last night!!

2. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Affliction clothing line banned from UFC!!!!! GSP and Serra set to fight in Canada in April

3. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Tito Ortiz will fight in May and be his last fight in the UFC....

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Great show last night! I knew Mir would dominate, infact i made a couple bucks on that deal!!! Thank god Nogueira won. I can't stand Tim Silvia!

5. rpollock

rpollock Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    Calgary, Alberta
    I didn't get to se it, but I agree, thank god Nog won!

6. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I didn't get to see it either. I have this last event, and the one before it waiting on my dad's DVR for me. It'll be a few weeks before I get to see them.

I was worried about Mir. I am a big fan of his. With Lesnar's size, strength, and wrestling pedigree, I thought he would give Mir a hard time. I was so pleased to hear that Mir won. I hope Mir will be in Championship challenging form very soon, if he isn't already. He's still a young guy, and has one of the best skill sets in the HW division.

I don't know why so many people hate Sylvia - I agree that he is not the most exciting fighter to watch, however I have a tremendous amount of respect for his fighting skills. He is one of the best strikers in the HW division. So isn't it Big Nog vs Werdum next? I'd like to see Mir go against Sylvia again, or maybe have Mir go against Vera instead......either way, I just want to see him climb the HW ladder.

I wonder if Randy will play a role anywhere in there.

7. rpollock

rpollock Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    Calgary, Alberta
    Sylvia definetly has the striking, however his fights have been some of the slowest I have seen in the UFC. He is difficult to watch.

8. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca
    I bet on Mir as well but he in NO way dominated Lesnar in the fight, in fact he was getting mauled until he got the leg lock.

I wanted nothing more than Mir to beat Lesnar but if Lesnar sticks with MMA and learns some BJJ he will very likely end up the HW champ in a few years.

9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    You are 100% right. Wrong chose of words. (dominated). Mir WAS getting his a** kick, or I should say, getting his face POUNDED!!! But, Me training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for 10 years, knew a guy same height, and weight, as his opponent, even though he is the weaker guy WILL ALWAYS beat a guy with ZERO BJJ skills!!!!! PERIOD! It's a white belt vs a Black belt all day long. Mind you one punch can change ANY outcome. As much skills Lesner does have. (wrestling, WWE), He IS limited till he learns BJJ. Wrestling is great. But limits you to mostly takedowns, takedown defense and ground and pound. But I do feel BJJ is also limited till they learn standup.