Ferrarichat Scores Big In Forza This Month | FerrariChat

Ferrarichat Scores Big In Forza This Month

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SMS, Feb 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Just rec'd Forza #84

Bullfighter's 328 and Markpeboxer's 512bbi. Feature article on the latter. Congrats guys.

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks, got mine yesterday. The article on Mark's car is the highlight.

3. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Congratulations Jon,

I'm sure the article is well-deserved...

Mike in Kuwait

4. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Still awaiting my issue but congrat's to 'bullfighter' and 'Markpeboxer'!

5. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Not trying to spoil the party but I didn't like the 512 article. I don't think a Ferrari was meant to use Corvette parts.

6. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Yah your being a 'spoiler'! j/k

7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Doesn't the 599 use a version of the electro-magnetic suspension developed for the C6 Corvette?

8. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
  9. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Is Jon the centerfold?

10. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Cool guys!

Life is good.

May the horse be with you. ;)

11. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    My 355CH's wire harness is made by Delphi which is or was owned by GM, I know it was when my car built anyway. I can't remember if it was my 308 or my 348 but it had the Ford oval on some parts. Parts is parts I guess.

12. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yeah, that'll move some magazines...

13. markpeboxer

markpeboxer Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    With 14" rotors and 6 pod calipers - I promise she stops quite a bit quicker than stock and is a lot mor fun to drive. The unsprung weight is also lighter than the Brembo equivelents.

14. markpeboxer

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks -

I don't know what Ferrari's mission statement is when it comes to their production cars, but it's probably something like: “Provide a uniquely personal driving experience where the customer emotionally connects with not only the car but the exhilarating drive itself and can taste first hand the magic of the rich racing heritage of the Ferrari brand”.

From what I can tell, back in the day the factory was constantly working with their customers to create that personal experience, frequently reconfiguring per special request.

After having a new 360, I really didn’t feel the experience was all that uniquely personal, and worse when I went to places like South Florida or LA, they’re a dime a dozen, and often times driven by people that I really don’t understand nor wish to be associated with.

As I don’t have the resources of folks like Mr G., I did the best I could to enjoy my Ferrari experience and create a car that is exhilarating and meaningful to me. I tried to utilize as many Ferrari design traits as possible and build something that wouldn’t make Enzo roll over or Leonardo Fioravanti look for the barf bag.

The overwhelming positive feedback and insightful tips I have received via my thread - as well as countless pm’s by Fchat members has guided me through much of the process and even inspired me on many occasions when I really needed it. Interesting that several magazine editors including Aaron Jenkins from Forza noticed the thread and reached out for more info, then decided to share it with their readers. I do believe this article and another that possibly will run sometime this summer are a direct result of our community here.

As a really busy guy that wishes he had more time to chat, my experiences with this community have been great! I truly love the passion of the Ferrari brand and the experience it enables, and the ability to uniquely share that with others.

15. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    All the '80s production Ferraris could use a brake upgrade. I'm a purist, but the VW Rabbit-sized calipers/rotors on these cars don't encourage much nostalgia.

16. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    I need to subscribe to Forza ASAP!
    Congratulations to both you guys!
    John

17. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    In the next issue or 2 we will see another Fchatter's 365c4 in Forza as well! There will be some very nice photos in there to accompany the article. My mom will be so proud...

regards

ken

18. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, the Ferrari 599 uses a GM designed and built magnetic suspension system...

19. jra85

jra85 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2005
    Long Island, NY
  20. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    If it comes out of Modena then it's Ferrari.

I don't think a little cosmetic change here and there is bad. It's when you start changing mass componants that I think you ruin the car.

21. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    It's your car and you can do what you wish. For every person who likes it there will certainly be someone else who doesn't. From a historical standpoint. The car is ruined.

22. markpeboxer

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Agreed. All I care is that I like it. Can't say that I agree however that the car is ruined - or is a piece of history.

Guess I agree with Napolis who recently said about it:

23. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Very nice article! One point about being "ruined". For years my daily was a 308 GTB. In the summer in bumper to bumper on the West Side Highway the car would tend to overheat. I took it to my friend the dealer and told him to cut some exit slots into the hood behind the radiator like the ones on Dino Competizione which I liked even back then 1980. Alberto and Sal cut them in and they helped keep the coolant from boiling over. The FNA rep. saw what we had done, snapped some photos and sent them to the factory. Guess what happened? Guess what happened when JT saw what we had done with the seats in P4/5. Sometimes "ruining" history actually changes history...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184333

See post 6 & 7 and look at the 430S's seats.

24. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    And there are those of us who are ruining our F355s by using aftermarket headers and cats because we actually want to drive the cars more than 15,000 miles. Sometimes alterations are not just because we want things diferent, but because things have to be fixed to use the cars. In short I agree with napolis' point of view.

25. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It was kind of weird reading the Forza magazine and recongizing alot of the cars in it though. Also I was thinking, didn't I already seen those photos before, but I do have to say Mark's Boxer was pretty cool. Congats on the car!