Anyone Know of Azzuro Blue 328 For Sale | FerrariChat

Anyone Know of Azzuro Blue 328 For Sale

Discussion in '308/328' started by modenachaser, Feb 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modenachaser

modenachaser Karting

Aug 8, 2006
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Andrew Pyle
    I know this is a rare color for the 328. Have been looking for quite some time but no luck. If anyone will know of one for sale it will be the members of this board.

Know there was one in NJ for sale quite some time ago, but rember it having a substantial amount of miles on it.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Andy

2. SCM

SCM Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    Richmond
    I know the car that was for sale in NJ. It used to belong to AJS328 (and others before him). I own the car now, in Richmond, VA. Check the last few pages of the 328 mega-thread for a two-year old picture and more details. I looked for 6 months for an azzuro 328 three years ago. I found only three. One was an '87 with black interior and another was an '88 with black interior. The one that I own is an '89, one of the last built, and has a "crema" interior, which IMHO looks even better. It has almost 60,000 miles on it, but still runs wonderfully and looks great. It got a first-in-class against 5 other 328's at the "Classics On The James" car show in Richmond in Sep. of last year. Admittedly, that was a popularity contest, not a judged concours, and I think people just voted for anything other than red. I do not have any near-future plans to sell the car, and when I do, I promised AJS328 that he would get first shot to try and buy it back. Good luck in your search, and let me know if you find any. Everyone seems to love this color, but apparently, very, very few were built.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You're second in line! :)

4. AyrtonP1

AyrtonP1 Rookie

Aug 29, 2006
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi, probably not helpful however there is one for sale in Sydney, RHD, looks good. I think around 65,000 km and is selling for AUD $122,500.
    Peter

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Thanks Steve. :)

6. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I bought my GT4 (indirectly) from a guy who was looking for a Azzuro 328, but ended up buying my 308 GT4 instead because it was the right colour. Of course he found the right colour 328 about 2 weeks later so needed to sell the GT4 in a hurry!

It really is a great colour, so hold out for it.

7. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Find a really UGLY color, buy it for $15K under what it would cost you for a nice one, and get a REPAINT.

8. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    and then you have a pretty coffe table :D

9. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Search back, there was one for sale in Florida about 6-months ago with ~40k on it. It was for sale for quite a while so it may still be available.

10. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    #10 SeattleM5, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The one in florida was purchased by myself this fall. While Red is spectacular on these cars, I really wanted something different. This one officially is a "Blue Sera" with crema interior.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    I was looking at the same car, but anything out of fla. I thought might have rust,floods issues,and maybe not taken care of,are you having good luck with it so far and did you do a ppi?.........oh and congratts on your new ride

12. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo

The car is great! I spent a lot of time talking with Dave Smith from Smithmotorworks (independant mech. and Fchat member) who owned the car as well as several other Fchatter's who had been out to see the car. Getting a PPI was tough. Dave Smith was the only independent Ferrari Mechanic anywhere remotely close. Next closest location for a ppi would have been Atlanta and the logistics of me being in Seattle and trying to make this all happen was a bit much. After many phone calls to Dave and negotiating what I felt was a very favorable price, I bought the car sight unseen and had it shipped out to Seattle. It was a total gut check but it has worked out fine. The car is in excellent shape and runs very strong. Definitely a drivers car (few paint chips up front and leather that looks age appropriate but no dents/rust/rips/tears). Major had been completed 12/06 and the only thing I've had to do is change the fuel lines out which was a fun project.

13. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    great,I glad that it worked out for you,I love that color,thats worth taking a chance on the car where you don't have to paint the whole car to look that way, again congratts,sometime you and your car come to northern calif. chime me in and we'll meet up for a drive,we have euro sundays here every forth sunday of the month in sacramento,

14. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo

Thanks for the invite, not sure when I'll be in your neck of the woods next but If I make my way down i'll be sure to PM you ahead of time!

15. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I love your car color. I think its one of the best looks for a 328, way better than red. I have a black one, and passed on a Pozzi blue one about 7-8 years ago... wish I would have bought it... onlything is I dont like the crema seats.. they show the wear really fast.

Pretty car

16. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1

Darker colors are great on 308/328s.

17. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    #18 AJS328, Feb 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    the last picture,what model is that or is that a custom?