Anyone know this car-fl area | FerrariChat

Anyone know this car-fl area

Discussion in '348/355' started by dkny, Jan 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dkny

dkny Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Full Name:
    dave
  2. Duane@VTC

Duane@VTC Rookie

Jan 8, 2008
    Valencia
    Full Name:
    Duane

Dave,

I ran the Vin thru chris' computer
    This is what I came up with.
    I will have Chris look into it some more when he gets back from stuffing his face

Frame damage record(s)
    05/11/2006 FL
    Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FRAME DAMAGE
    05/15/2006 FL
    Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS UNIBODY DAMAGE
    12/12/2007 FL
    Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS UNIBODY DAMAGE

3. dkny

dkny Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Full Name:
    dave
    thanks, that what I figured. The pics are at a strange angle but I thought it looked like a poor job aligning the panels

4. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    Hey Dave,

I wouldn't touch this car with Paps shorts! Let alone my hard earned money...

Too many nice cars at the right prices for sale to deal with a wrecked one

5. eric lipper

eric lipper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Run because even if you by it for $50 and fix whatever ails it for another $10 you still have a wrecked F-car which, given the length of time that one has been on the market, is always going to be a tough sell.

6. tchaic

tchaic Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris M.....
    This is my old car... I had it for just under a year and put 4,000 or so miles on it. It is cosmetically rough even by 355 standards. Exterior looks good but interior has significant leather shrinkage and sticky parts. I bought it at auction on impulse in March 2007 and sold it in December to a dealer in Florida. The good news is that I did the 30K service at Ferrari of Central Florida in May 2007 for $14K or so including new tires, belts, clutch, T/O bearing, and more. Mechanically the car was sound during my ownership and when I sold it in December. I agree that the car has known accident history and is harder to sell but to get a 355 Spyder with all service up to date for $50K is a good deal for the right buyer. Also the car has a 3" tear in the top. Hope this helps a little and for full disclosure I have no relations with the current seller.