360 Engine modification questions. | FerrariChat

360 Engine modification questions.

Discussion in '360/430' started by highway, Feb 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. highway

highway Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Just have a couple quick questions..

I have a 99 360, and I have been looking over some of the sensors on the car, and noticed that the 02 sensors sure look a lot like AEM Wideband sensors.

With that, I'm also guessing that the ecu has to be able to be retuned. The engine controllers on my 360 ended up having to be sent to FNA to be reflashed when a ready code wouldn't go away. So does ferrari keep everyone in the dark so nobody can setup software to retune the ecu?

anyone on here taken out there stock controllers and replaced it with a standalone system?

2. jbehe

jbehe Rookie

Nov 18, 2007
    Whenever I see the question posed regarding replacing OE ecus with after market systems on a street vehicle I have to respond. Don't do it. There are too many reasons to list here but this response is based on over thirty years experience as a professional in the automotive performance industry. Secondly, all modern OE systems are "tunable" although the number of individuals who posses the necessary knowledge and equipment is limited. As for your 360, I recommend that you contact Richard at Competizione in Maryland as I believe that they now have a tuning solution for your car.

3. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Classic Coach in Elizabeth, NJ will also know, as they build twin turbo 360's.

4. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    Competizione and Sports Cars phone #301-977-9484 www.competizionecars.com
    I hope this helps, I also highly recommend them!

5. VR4

VR4 Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    vancouver, wa
    Full Name:
    steve
    good to hear there are tuners out there. this will make things slightly easier when/if ryan decides to mod the thing.