Change 360 Muffler | FerrariChat

Change 360 Muffler

Discussion in '360/430' started by RICARDO24, Feb 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RICARDO24

RICARDO24 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2006
    BIARRITZ FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Hello guy's i would like to change my originla Muffler of my 360 Modena because as you probably know , when the engine it's in high temperature he used to move and to dirt the engine with the inside fiber ( sorry i try to explain with my english :) ) .

My question is:

Can i change only the muffler by a tuby or whatever brand?

Or i must change all the exhaust?

Thank's for your answering and your own experience.

Sorry again for my poor English :(

Ricardo

2. RICARDO24

RICARDO24 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2006
    BIARRITZ FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    #2 RICARDO24, Feb 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Tubi/Capristo/X-ost are all Muffler only systems to start off with. You can also get Headers/Hyperflow Cats/no cats, but this is not required. Plenty of posts out there about the various types.

4. RICARDO24

RICARDO24 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2006
    BIARRITZ FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    OK great , because i thing that all systeme came before with muffler and after header and hyper flow cats...

I'm gone a look for that.

Thank's.

Ricardo

5. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    Ricardo, i am selling my tubi for 360. If you would be interested, send me PM. I think it would be easy for both of us since i am also from Europe with permanent transport (weekly basis) to France.You could save lots of money instead of buying new one if you decide for tubi.....

6. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    If it's any help, there is a complete set of DIY instructions for putting in a new muffler on our website. :)

7. vm3

vm3 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    California
    The only reason for changing the exhaust (also known as "muffler") is to improve the sound. The original exhaust sounds terrible. When I first drove the 360 with an original exhaust, I thought it sounded like a 4 cylinder fart can. I had it changed to a Tubi. When I picked it up, the service manager said, "Now it sounds like a Ferrari!" The Tubi sounds MUCH better than the original.

There is no need to change any other part.

A friend of mine got a 360 with Capristo exhaust. He thought it was too loud so he changed it to a Tubi.

8. RICARDO24

RICARDO24 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2006
    BIARRITZ FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Tank's

Question , how much cost shipping for France and does i pay more tax?

Ricardo