Home A/V Installer - Recommendations? | FerrariChat

Home A/V Installer - Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by WCH, Feb 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    We've been working with a company called Crimpco for years, and they've never really been able to get everything - tv (from DirecTV), alarm, house audio, wireless internet (from Comcast) - up and running consistently. Anyone recommend a professional in the field? No moonlighters. House was prewired from new for Cat 5 etc. Has anyone tried Myer Emco? Mostly concerned about the video. Thanks.

2. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I do know a professional that moonlights in the Baltimore area. Very good work and I've refered him to other friends. PM me if you want his contact. If your talking big money job, Joe Blacker, Audio Associates in Columbia MD. Do homes for the rich and famous as well as sound systems for Camden Yards, Universal Studios etc.

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Will,

Try Audio Buys in Manassas off Balls Ford Rd.,(www.audiobuysinc.com) I have purchased a lot of my home theater stuff there and I would give them a try. Ask for Frank at Audio Buys, they do it all. Myer Emco is also another good resource, just interview and get pricing. Its a slow time for these guys, get the best bang for your buck!

Robert

4. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    myer emco did a good job for me, got everything working and it was a difficult install due to my house being old with brick and plaster walls

5. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    I have also used AudioBuys for home theater install and setup. Good results... ask for Justin.

As with all electronic stuff, it is hard to get everything to work correctly all of the time... damn computers!!!

6. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Will,

I highly recommend Nick and Mo from Customworks - http://customworksllc.com/. They both used to work at Myer Emco (Nick in sales, Mo in installations) but left a few years ago to start their own gig in order to provide more personal service. They've been in the industry for probably 11-12 years each, and definitely know their stuff. They're two of those rare types who not only know the industry and equipment, but are also great guys to work with, which is why I went to them over and over again for all my AV setups (both car and home). They pretty much do it all and always stand by their work. I think they do free consultations too, so you can't really go wrong.

-R

7. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

I've always used Soundworks in Kensington for my Theater Installs, but I used Cain Security for my house automation.

DMAX

8. Scuderia VA

Scuderia VA Karting

Oct 16, 2004
    Will,

I agree with Robin. Nick and Mo are top shelf guys that know their industry.
    Check out their gallery.... http://customworksllc.com/gallery.html
    Anything look familiar? Two Fcars... Hmmmm....

RP

pS --No affiliation, ownership in, etc. in CustomworksLLC. Just a happy loyal customer.

9. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #9 wetpet, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    don't know anything about these guys, but they need to work on their site. most of their pics are just plasmas hanging on a wall. and then there is this inspiring one. if i was in the market, i don't think i'd call them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Scuderia VA

Scuderia VA Karting

Oct 16, 2004
    Wetpet... Your right. I'll be sure to tell them to post pics of the invisible speakers and invincible plasmas... :)

Will--- you know me. Call me if you want to know more about Customworks.

RP